Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
College Basketball Player of the Year
Im saying Luke Harangody (Notre Dame) or Cole Aldrich (kansas)
Patrick Patterson baby!!
be honest here to...I understand you saying PP though he has been picked to do something big every year he has been here...but injuries and things stopped him
theVILLE Wrote:be honest here to...I understand you saying PP though he has been picked to do something big every year he has been here...but injuries and things stopped him

I can't help it i'm TRUE BLUE!! I'm sticking with PP!!
Lol, Idk, Toss Up, I think john wall will have a much better year than P-Pat
John Wall might take both the awards!!
patterson has this one, if kentucky goes deep into the tournament pat pat will get it. hes a true leader and worker just a magnificent player. im not saying this because im a kentucky fan im just saying this because he really in my opinion is one of the best players in the nation.
This is a stupid question to ask on this site.. of course everyone is going to say a UK player, although Patterson or Wall could very well win it.. Last year, everyone swore Jodie Meeks was going to win it though. Personally I don't think there are any favorites because all the real stand out players either graduated or went to the NBA early.
There are a number of guys that you would have to consider to win this award...

John Wall
Luke Harangody
Sherron Collins
Cole Aldrich
Patrick Patterson
Kalin Lucas
Scottie Reynolds
Willie Warren
runninrebs21 Wrote:This is a stupid question to ask on this site.. of course everyone is going to say a UK player, although Patterson or Wall could very well win it.. Last year, everyone swore Jodie Meeks was going to win it though. Personally I don't think there are any favorites because all the real stand out players either graduated or went to the NBA early.

Last year everyone knew either blake griffin or curry was going to get it. And i still think the guy from lsu robbed meeks of the sec player of the year. Curry played with a bunch of nobodys and i think duke held him scoreless. Griffin deserved it no doubt. Kids a man beast.
Quote:There are a number of guys that you would have to consider to win this award...

John Wall
Luke Harangody
Sherron Collins
Cole Aldrich
Patrick Patterson
Kalin Lucas
Scottie Reynolds
Willie Warren

looks great
theVILLE Wrote:Im saying Luke Harangody (Notre Dame) or Cole Aldrich (kansas)

You're always knacking at UK and Uk players and saying Samuals and Siva are so good. Why aren't they being mentioned in the POY?? I'm pretty sure 2 Uk players are in the race. :moon:
John Wall...he will have the biggest hype and all of the guys on ESPN are always gonna be talking about him. Even if Pat might deserve it more at the end of the season he will be overshadowed by the Wall hype. IMO if anyone from UK wins it it will be Wall. I dont really see a UK player winning it though just because of the numbers game...UK has too many threats for there to be an outstanding player on the national scale...Harangody has a great chance because he plays at ND where the talent level just isnt the same as it is at UK. Hes probably the favorite right now
UKsportsfan Wrote:John Wall...he will have the biggest hype and all of the guys on ESPN are always gonna be talking about him. Even if Pat might deserve it more at the end of the season he will be overshadowed by the Wall hype. IMO if anyone from UK wins it it will be Wall. I dont really see a UK player winning it though just because of the numbers game...UK has too many threats for there to be an outstanding player on the national scale...Harangody has a great chance because he plays at ND where the talent level just isnt the same as it is at UK. Hes probably the favorite right now

I agree.. I think it will come down to John Wall and Luke Harangody. Both are outstanding players and it would be good to see the award go to either of them.
runninrebs21 Wrote:This is a stupid question to ask on this site.. of course everyone is going to say a UK player, although Patterson or Wall could very well win it.. Last year, everyone swore Jodie Meeks was going to win it though. Personally I don't think there are any favorites because all the real stand out players either graduated or went to the NBA early.

Yeah, how about Deon Thompson or a UNC player? Right runninrebs? :biggrin:

Just funnin' ya man.
1. Luke Harangody - Notre Dame
2. John Wall - Kentucky
3. Willie Warren - Oklahoma
4. Cole Aldrich - Kansas
5. Kalin Lucas - Michigan State
6. Sherron Collins - Kansas
7. Craig Brackens - Iowa State
8. Robbe Hummell - Purdue
9. Patrick Patterson - Kentucky
10. Kyle Singler - Duke
John Wall

:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy
Wildcats11 Wrote:You're always knacking at UK and Uk players and saying Samuals and Siva are so good. Why aren't they being mentioned in the POY?? I'm pretty sure 2 Uk players are in the race. :moon:

Who said anything bout SIVA or SAMUELS...I said Harangody or cole aldrich...
Luke harangody
Cole aldrich
Sherron Collins
Kalin Lucas
John Wall
Thats my top 5
Quote:John Wall

The man:worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:JOHN WALL

Dang right, because a UK player will win it! Sorry to ruin the moment for you..:1:
As much as I love the BIG BLUE, I would have to say Collins from Kansas if they win the NC... If Kentucky lands in the final 4, then Patterson or Wall will win it
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Last year everyone knew either blake griffin or curry was going to get it. And i still think the guy from lsu robbed meeks of the sec player of the year. Curry played with a bunch of nobodys and i think duke held him scoreless. Griffin deserved it no doubt. Kids a man beast.

Actually, Curry dropped 29 on Duke. Loyola (MD) held him scoreless because they put 2-3 people on him the whole game on purpose. The coach even said after the game that he just wanted Curry to be scoreless because he knew they were going to lose. Of course all UK fans think Meeks was robbed lol. Griffin was by far the best last year. This year it is a toss up. You can't say John Wall is favored to win it because he hasn't played yet.
runninrebs21 Wrote:Actually, Curry dropped 29 on Duke. Loyola (MD) held him scoreless because they put 2-3 people on him the whole game on purpose. The coach even said after the game that he just wanted Curry to be scoreless because he knew they were going to lose. Of course all UK fans think Meeks was robbed lol. Griffin was by far the best last year. This year it is a toss up. You can't say John Wall is favored to win it because he hasn't played yet.

I wasnt for sure i thought it was duke. Loyola lost by like 30 to didnt they? Not robbed of player of the year, SEC player of the year. Nobody has really played yet. And alot of people think that john wall or p-pat is going to win, not just uk fans.
1. John Wall
2. Cole Aldrich
3. Luke Harangody
4. Kalin Lucas
5. Sheron Collins

My top 5 in that order
I think it will be between 4 or 5 people that could get this award
Harangody
Cole Aldrich
John Wall
PPat
Sherron Collins
I believe they will go the classic route and pick some body like that big guy from notre dame cant spell his name luke big h word because it just seems like he has been there for ever and always puts up good numbers
who is the favorite