Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Ryle
25.00%
Saint Xavier
75.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ryle @ St. Xavier 11/13
Predictions/Thoughts?
I think Ryle can put some points on the board against X, but in the end I just don't see them knocking off the Tigers.

St. X- 42
Ryle- 14
Actually X devenisvely can stop the Raiders. I beleive they will force Hempel to beat them and I don't beleive Ryle has the guy's out wide to do that. X will stop the middle of the field, meaning running, screens and the TE crossing route.
St. X by 28
Stardust Wrote:Actually X devenisvely can stop the Raiders. I beleive they will force Hempel to beat them and I don't beleive Ryle has the guy's out wide to do that. X will stop the middle of the field, meaning running, screens and the TE crossing route.

Ryle hasn't really used the TE crossing route much lately...they've gone more to one on one out wide with Nichols and thrown it up to him so he can use his 6'7 height.
Ryle will put up a good fight. They will have to play the best game ever played in the history of Ryle Highschool. I would love to see my boys pull out the upset.

P.S. Ryle is still a young school (15 or so years) and this is probably the best team they have had. Bryson Warner has turned around this program. This years team is even better then the '06 team
:Thumbs:
Schmilla88 Wrote:Ryle will put up a good fight. They will have to play the best game ever played in the history of Ryle Highschool. I would love to see my boys pull out the upset.

P.S. Ryle is still a young school (15 or so years) and this is probably the best team they have had. Bryson Warner has turned around this program. This years team is even better then the '06 team

Better than the '06 team? I am familiar with that team, and they were VERY good. What was so good about that team is the leadership that they had on the field. This years squad is still immature in many ways, which does bite them in the butt at times. Next year when Hempel is a Senior and Elliott is a Junior, could be their best team. Who do they lose from this years squad?
Stardust Wrote:Better than the '06 team? I am familiar with that team, and they were VERY good. What was so good about that team is the leadership that they had on the field. This years squad is still immature in many ways, which does bite them in the butt at times. Next year when Hempel is a Senior and Elliott is a Junior, could be their best team. Who do they lose from this years squad?

This year they will a couple. Tate Nichols (Tight End), Trent Fugate (Wide Reciever), Kiefer Eubank (Running Back), Logan Hollman (Defensive Back), Logan Carney (Defensive Back). those are just to name the big ones. they have about 20 somethin seniors.

And i do believe they are better then '06, Except for Vince Murray. He is the best football player to come out of Ryle.
Schmilla88 Wrote:This year they will a couple. Tate Nichols (Tight End), Trent Fugate (Wide Reciever), Kiefer Eubank (Running Back), Logan Hollman (Defensive Back), Logan Carney (Defensive Back). those are just to name the big ones. they have about 20 somethin seniors.

And i do believe they are better then '06, Except for Vince Murray. He is the best football player to come out of Ryle.

That's a boat load of talent Ryle loses next year. Will they have enough to unseat Highlands as king of NKY???
I just hope that Ryle fans support their team better than they did in the second game agianst Highlands. It was embarrassing how few fans were at that game. I am not sure there were more than 50 Ryle fans at the game. I know they were underdogs, but they have a good team and have played good all season and deserve better. I guess since they are underdogs to St X, that they will not bother to show up to support their team ( I hope I am wrong and that the parents and students show up in large numbers and are very vocal!!!).
This could be a surprise game for the X-men!
sstack Wrote:I just hope that Ryle fans support their team better than they did in the second game agianst Highlands. It was embarrassing how few fans were at that game. I am not sure there were more than 50 Ryle fans at the game. I know they were underdogs, but they have a good team and have played good all season and deserve better. I guess since they are underdogs to St X, that they will not bother to show up to support their team ( I hope I am wrong and that the parents and students show up in large numbers and are very vocal!!!).

True that, Ryle fans have been very lacking this year for showing their support at games, hopefully they will come because it is a play off game.
:please:
St.x by 30
Ryle could deffinetly put up a fight in the 1st half but i don't think they could keep it up the entire game.

St. X-42
Ryle-21
Ryle will be very good next season. They have a lot of underclassmen making contributions this year and their freshman team is very good.

Hempel, Mullins, and Elliott will be three of the top players in the area for their positions. They also return their entire offensive line which will help big time.
Schmilla88 Wrote:Ryle will put up a good fight. They will have to play the best game ever played in the history of Ryle Highschool. I would love to see my boys pull out the upset.

No way this year's team is better than that 06 team.

That 06 team was absolutely loaded with Murray, Gray, Schmitz, Luster, and Benke to name a few on the offensive side of the ball. Not to mention the players they had on the defensive side such as Aquaviva (sp?) and Lasita.
31-14 St. Xavier.
im going with saint x with this one
i think ryle will be able to run with St. X till halftime, then the wheels will start to come off and St. X will take it and run
ryle shock the state tonight 28-27