Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JCHS schedule 2010?
I would love to see Lawrence co, prestonsburg and letcher co. Central be added to jchs schedule. And keep Sheldon Clark, belfry, and bell. What do you think the chances of this happening next year or in the near future Hopefully with these teams having such good a year they might step up to the plate.
Earlier this season the JC coach said that he wouldn't play Boyle County next season in the opener. That should open a date for another opponent.
I one would love to see Boyle county come to the nest. Maybe not the first game but maybe 3rd or 4th game. Might be a little diffrent from this year. Teams like Boyle, bell and belfry just make you better win or lose.
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:Earlier this season the JC coach said that he wouldn't play Boyle County next season in the opener. That should open a date for another opponent.

If Boyle has an open date tell coach french to play Rockcastle. you my give us a whoopin but we wont buy out lol. I would like to see boyle and bell during the season. back on topic lawernce co and jchs would be a great game.
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:Earlier this season the JC coach said that he wouldn't play Boyle County next season in the opener. That should open a date for another opponent.

From what I understand they are still playing.
I would love to see Letcher Central play Johnson Central in the next couple of years!
Mr.Kimball Wrote:From what I understand they are still playing.

They are still under contract to play, but the JC coach said he was going to buy his way out of it. Lately nothing has ever been said either way as to what the status is now. IMO the coach has had some time to cool down and the game is still on. Guess the ball is in Matney's court right now, but he was quoted as saying he will probably seek to cancel the second game of the home-and-home series by paying the contract buyout fee. "we’re probably going to do that (with the contract),” Matney said.
Rebel55 Wrote:They are still under contract to play, but the JC coach said he was going to buy his way out of it. Lately nothing has ever been said either way as to what the status is now. IMO the coach has had some time to cool down and the game is still on. Guess the ball is in Matney's court right now, but he was quoted as saying he will probably seek to cancel the second game of the home-and-home series by paying the contract buyout fee. "we’re probably going to do that (with the contract),” Matney said.

All I know to say is please refer back to post #5.
brown_ind1977 Wrote:I would love to see Lawrence co, prestonsburg and letcher co. Central be added to jchs schedule. And keep Sheldon Clark, belfry, and bell. What do you think the chances of this happening next year or in the near future Hopefully with these teams having such good a year they might step up to the plate.

That would be a killer schedule!
If our game with Hazard was just a year contract, that would be a great game to put in the alumni bowl that we play every year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
If Johnson Central, doesnt play Boyle, I will think a lot less of Coach Matney. I mean just because they embarrased him, hes gonna get em off the schedule?
The Iceboxx Wrote:If Johnson Central, doesnt play Boyle, I will think a lot less of Coach Matney. I mean just because they embarrased him, hes gonna get em off the schedule?

Good Grief. Have you not read what I posted?
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Good Grief. Have you not read what I posted?

Yeah i read it, but people had spoken earlier this season, about Matney wanting out, and he was gonna pay out the contract. Which I think would be a kind of scared move on his part, because Boyle has a lot coming back. I just read on another site that UK offered a JR backer from the rebels
If you don't play the good teams then you want make your self better
wildcats fan Wrote:If you don't play the good teams then you want make your self better

I don't buy in to that one bit we have one of the toughest schedules a class A school in east Ky plays. and it never helps us. This year was easy compared to last year's but we still had Pburg and added Lawrence county. Pineville, Fairview, and magoffin county. we have nothing to show for it.
Central's schedule next year should look a lot like this year's. As I understand, Boyle is a two-year, Horn Lake comes again to the Nest, Bell County is a two-year...the three district games also. Not sure about the deal with the bowl game and Middlesboro. Think SC is a two-year deal, also Breathitt. Not sure about Belfry. Doubt JC will buy out of Boyle coming to JC. Central also returns a lot next year and we've finally found ourselves. That statement was just a coach who was temporarily bewildered and upset by his team's total failure to show up. That game would be considerably better if it took place now.
Playing a tougher schedule prepares you for the playoffs but sometimes is hard for the kids to have rival type games back to back.
Diogenes Wrote:Central's schedule next year should look a lot like this year's. As I understand, Boyle is a two-year, Horn Lake comes again to the Nest, Bell County is a two-year...the three district games also. Not sure about the deal with the bowl game and Middlesboro. Think SC is a two-year deal, also Breathitt. Not sure about Belfry. Doubt JC will buy out of Boyle coming to JC. Central also returns a lot next year and we've finally found ourselves. That statement was just a coach who was temporarily bewildered and upset by his team's total failure to show up. That game would be considerably better if it took place now.

I'm pretty sure the Bowl Game at Clay is a 2 year deal with JC playing the other side of the bracket, either Clay or Knox Central. I'm not sure about Breathitt though. Other than them I think it will be pretty similar to this years.
Diogenes Wrote:Central's schedule next year should look a lot like this year's. As I understand, Boyle is a two-year, Horn Lake comes again to the Nest, Bell County is a two-year...the three district games also. Not sure about the deal with the bowl game and Middlesboro. Think SC is a two-year deal, also Breathitt. Not sure about Belfry. Doubt JC will buy out of Boyle coming to JC. Central also returns a lot next year and we've finally found ourselves. That statement was just a coach who was temporarily bewildered and upset by his team's total failure to show up. That game would be considerably better if it took place now.

Great post, if you want to be an elite program you have to play elite programs and never back out of any fight. I feel with what we have coming back and the game at the nest, things will be different next year with Boyle. Playing local teams is good too, it only helps build mountian football and it is great for the gate and schools can take home more money, but mostly it is great for the fans.
I am very glad JC got it going. They have a great program, great fans and a good Coach.

They will play Boyle next year. Coach Matney kinda spouted off after a disappointing game and tough couple of weeks. The rest of the schedule will be the same b/c it is the 2nd year of 2 year cycle.

I think they play Knox next year at the Clay Co. bowl.

I wish JC the best of the luck the rest of the year.