Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5A District 7/8 Likely First-round Games
So if the districts hold up like they probably will, the first round of the playoffs for these two districts will be:

(4) Perry Cental @ (1) Pulaski County
(3)Harlan County @ (2) Southwestern

(4) Mercer County @ (1) Letcher County Central
(3) South Laurel @ (2) Whitley County

Please correct me if im wrong.

The only way i believe this could change is if Harlan County pulls off the upset at Bell County.

This could very well be a sweep for district 8. This could go anyway by the time the region championship comes around.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:So if the districts hold up like they probably will, the first round of the playoffs for these two districts will be:

(3)Harlan County @ (2) Southwestern

(3) South Laurel @ (2) Whitley County

Please correct me if im wrong.

The only way i believe this could change is if Harlan County pulls off the upset at Bell County.

This could very well be a sweep for district 8. This could go anyway by the time the region championship comes around.

Correct me if I am wrong but if this is right and I think it will be, would Whitley not be in the bracket with Pulaski County and Southwestern in the bracket with LCC?
One other scenario is that if Rock beats Whitley, HC finishes second regardless of the outcome with Bell.
harlan county will play lccc for the region title
not if there on the same side of the bracket
yea i wasnt making it like a bracket it when i made it just as a guideline to the first round games. If Whitley beats rock friday the it should be.....

(3)South Laurel @ (2) Whitley County

(3) Harlan County @ (2) Southwestern
logmountainboy64 Wrote:harlan county will play lccc for the region title

No I think it will be more like Southwestern will play Whitley County for the region.
LCC and Whitley will play for the region title as they did last year except with different results.
Southwestern will have a tough game in the first round. They will either have to play Whitley or Harlan.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
cougarpride08 Wrote:Southwestern will have a tough game in the first round. They will either have to play Whitley or Harlan.

Southwestern Beat Harlan Co. during the first off the season. i would like to Harlan make a run in the playoffs
You have to admit this time might be a little different.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Southwestern Beat Harlan Co. during the first off the season. i would like to Harlan make a run in the playoffs

This was our very first game of the season and it was their second game. We were regrouping after losing a lot of our starters. We don't even have the same lineup/people in the same positions now as we did then...lots of things have changed.
Like I said, things are different now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!