Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simon Kenton 63 Boone County 21
Some people will find anything to complain about unfortunately. Shouldn't pull starters before halftime. Play out a half. After that you can start subbing in and out. If it's okay for one team, it's okay for another. For the record, a handful of starters were still in for HHS til the end of the game up 4 TD's. I don't think that is lacking class...no one should. You can't punish kids for being better than another team. You have a guy in Simpson who is competing for Mr. Football...playing a quarter limits his stats. I just find it shocking someone would cry foul over kids not being pulled the first half lol.

And SK and HHS would be a great game...and I think SK could possibly pull it off.
neerfan Wrote:I have said this all along. But one question is when Marksberry tried to fill his schedule and approached Highlands Dale would not schedule us. Why? Everybody says thats B.S. he would have . Ask him about it. I have very good info that this took place and he would not do it. Was he scared of getting a good game from a NKY team or what? Maybe getting beat by the same kids that beat his freshman team twice in one season a few years back. Not sure but I know he wouldnt play us. Ryle and Boone yes SK no WHY?
It was actually the exact opposite. Dale approached Jeff and it just didn't work out. It wasn't about being scared or anything. It just didn't work, but it was Highlands who had initiated the game. If you ask Marksberry he'll tell you that.
drizzy Wrote:Some people will find anything to complain about unfortunately. Shouldn't pull starters before halftime. Play out a half. After that you can start subbing in and out. If it's okay for one team, it's okay for another. For the record, a handful of starters were still in for HHS til the end of the game up 4 TD's. I don't think that is lacking class...no one should. You can't punish kids for being better than another team. You have a guy in Simpson who is competing for Mr. Football...playing a quarter limits his stats. I just find it shocking someone would cry foul over kids not being pulled the first half lol.

And SK and HHS would be a great game...and I think SK could possibly pull it off.

I never said pull all of the starters. I simply stated Marksberry was taking a big risk by having his star player in with a 50-7 lead, just to pad stats. Simpson had 200 yards alone in the FIRST QUARTER. Most coaches would start subbing with a 42-7 lead in the second quarter.

Again, I think you guys are looking in to my posts WAY too much. I have no problem with leaving the first O line in with a few skill kids, but why risk injury to your star rb or qb by having them in with a 42-7, 50-7, and 57-7 lead? Shows a lack of class if you ask me. Say what you want, tell me I'm wrong, or whatever else you want to say, but honestly it's not going to change my stance on it so I could care less.
The only team that would even have the slightest chance at stopping Miles Simpson would in fact be the Highlands Defense. If he keeps his head on straight, this kid will play in the NFL one day. I still think the team is riding on this kid's back. More so than Highlands with AC. It would be a great game with the Towles Team, but Bardo's Birds would destroy them.....And yes, Marksberry is very green and will only be judged as a great coach with success in the post Simpson era.....
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:The only team that would even have the slightest chance at stopping Miles Simpson would in fact be the Highlands Defense. If he keeps his head on straight, this kid will play in the NFL one day. I still think the team is riding on this kid's back. More so than Highlands with AC. It would be a great game with the Towles Team, but Bardo's Birds would destroy them.....And yes, Marksberry is very green and will only be judged as a great coach with success in the post Simpson era.....

Thats true, but Id also like to think that what Marksberry has built around Miles has ensured that Miles has been great.

An excellent example of this is what has happened with Fugate this year. Breathitt is very undermanned. Channing was supposed be as good as Miles this year. HHS is loaded with athletes, not necessarily that Dale has won it all without his studs either
I wish he and his team the best and I think they win the 6a state title.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:The only team that would even have the slightest chance at stopping Miles Simpson would in fact be the Highlands Defense. If he keeps his head on straight, this kid will play in the NFL one day. I still think the team is riding on this kid's back. More so than Highlands with AC. It would be a great game with the Towles Team, but Bardo's Birds would destroy them.....And yes, Marksberry is very green and will only be judged as a great coach with success in the post Simpson era.....

No one can stop miles in the nky...and sk would do a little more than hold there own against highlands:HitWall:
neerfan Wrote:No you are wrong again. The change in class did not allow them to play us in week that was open for us. And therefor they could not renew with us all though we did try. You wrong yet again
By the way check out week 10 for both teams
SK picked up Scott
Highlands picked up Ryle for the second time this year.
nky Wrote:By the way check out week 10 for both teams
SK picked up Scott
Highlands picked up Ryle for the second time this year.

Just keep thinking that you are right. You are right. You are right. You are right. You must be my wife hiding under a different name. She seems to think she knows everything also. its like talking to a brick wall with some of you.:HitWall::HitWall::HitWall:
pioneerpride Wrote:No one can stop miles in the nky...and sk would do a little more than hold there own against highlands:HitWall:

Miles is the best in NKY and even though he won't get the chance to run on Highlands defense, his old man can share some stories of the time he knocked them out of the playoffs in Newport back in the 80's......Go Birds and SK.
neerfan Wrote:Just keep thinking that you are right. You are right. You are right. You are right. You must be my wife hiding under a different name. She seems to think she knows everything also. its like talking to a brick wall with some of you.:HitWall::HitWall::HitWall:
well I know I'm right Scott and SK hasn't played in years so SK added them plus this is the second time this year that Highlands has played Ryle.

Now if SK is ducking Highlands I don't know about that nor do I really care. But if these two teams wanted to make it happen week 10 would have worked.
nky Wrote:SK picked up Scott

Sk and Scott is a natural rivalry. No reason for anyone to think that a Highlands/SK game would have been of more interest than Simon Kenton playing a fellow Kenton County squad. I don't think there was any ducking going on either way, just not all that much interest until it was too late.
Can you dig it? Wrote:Sk and Scott is a natural rivalry. No reason for anyone to think that a Highlands/SK game would have been of more interest than Simon Kenton playing a fellow Kenton County squad. I don't think there was any ducking going on either way, just not all that much interest until it was too late.
agreed It's not like Simon never played them before. Come on they used to be in the same district. What benifit would it be to Simon to play Highlands? They already play in a physical NKY 6A district why add one of the best if not best teams to the mix. It would have been silly to do so. For the average fan yea it would have been a cool game but for the team's goal of winning state, I don't think so.