Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County 49 - Soddie Daisy (TN) 6
Soddy Daisy (TN) is a very good team they could make it a run to the Tennessee State Championship game again
Not crazy about Bell but always good to win out of state. Good win
I'll preface this by saying, I don't care how bad a team is, if you beat someone 49-6 at the high school level, you have a pretty good team regardless.

With that said, some of what I am reading on here is making my head spin. While Soddy Daisy is certainly not a bad team (I did not mean to imply that above), some of the information on here is being pulled out of thin air.

First, Soddy Daisy has, per Massey Ratings, the 55th toughest schedule in the state of Tennessee.

Second, Soddy Daisy cannot make a run to the Tennessee state championship game again because they never have been once. SD's best finish has been a quarterfinal appearance 13 years ago. SD hasn't made it out of the secound round of the playoffs since that time.

Once again, I am not diminishing Bell County's win - the win itself or the margin of victory - but there is no need to build up Soddy Daisy bigger than it is. Some of the information on here about SD is misinformation, plain and simple.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Dont forget to Soddy Daisy has been beaten by 2 National Ranked teams. SD is 4-3 with loses to 3 VERY GREAT teams including Bell Co.
Nationally ranked teams?? Ooltewah and Red Bank are good and both are capable of making a run in the playoffs but neither teams are "Nationally ranked". Also SD is 3-4

But never the less good win for Bell County I expected a much better game from SD.
I didnt think SD was a good team at all but good win for bell
grimsrud Wrote:I'll preface this by saying, I don't care how bad a team is, if you beat someone 49-6 at the high school level, you have a pretty good team regardless.

With that said, some of what I am reading on here is making my head spin. While Soddy Daisy is certainly not a bad team (I did not mean to imply that above), some of the information on here is being pulled out of thin air.

First, Soddy Daisy has, per Massey Ratings, the 55th toughest schedule in the state of Tennessee.

Second, Soddy Daisy cannot make a run to the Tennessee state championship game again because they never have been once. SD's best finish has been a quarterfinal appearance 13 years ago. SD hasn't made it out of the secound round of the playoffs since that time.

Once again, I am not diminishing Bell County's win - the win itself or the margin of victory - but there is no need to build up Soddy Daisy bigger than it is. Some of the information on here about SD is misinformation, plain and simple.

Soddy Daisy is the 40th rated team out of 50 in their class in the one Tn ratings that I saw, so I'm with you on them reaching the state championship game, it ain't going to happen. That being said, Bell Co. is the #1 team in the mountains and one of the top 2 in Class 4A.
SEKYFAN Wrote:Soddy Daisy is the 40th rated team out of 50 in their class in the one Tn ratings that I saw, so I'm with you on them reaching the state championship game, it ain't going to happen.

I would lean heavily that way as well, but the point was, to go to a state championship game again (as stated by the original poster), one has to go at least one time before. SD has never been to a title game, so they cannot go again this year no matter how good or bad they are.
Soddy Daisey was a well coached team and was or well should have been a tough opponent for Bell but Bell was hyped up and ready to play it was wet cold and nasty they just kind of had a bad night and looked a little star struck