Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greenup County 2010
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Now we are talking my sport!! Remember guys.....If you have to put air in the ball it ain't a sport. I watched Rister play all year last year and I honestly have to say that he had to be one of the worse shortstops I've ever seen play at Raceland. I'm not saying that because he is from GC or went back to GC. I would have chosen the Tolliver kid who was an 8th grader last year over Rister. Rister switch hits and can never make up his mind which side of the plate he wants bat from. The kid throws a football real well but, for some reason can't make a throw from short to first to save his life. Unless he improves dramatically he will not help GC offensively or defensively.

As far as I know, Rister had NEVER played shortstop before last year. He used to be a pretty solid 1st baseman. To me, that seems to be a coaching mistake. If anything, Carver, who I think was the best player in the region, would have been a better choice, with Rister on 2nd. When I said Rister might help, I meant at 1st base. JMO