Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fulton Co. Suspends coach
Fulton Co has suspended the football coach (James Bridges) following last weeks game in which a fight occured. The will also forfeit this weeks game with Crittenden Co. I think the school has taken the right approach, considering this is not the first time with this school.
I couldn't agree with you more. Coaches are supposed to be role models for their teams, not teach them bad behavior.
KHSAA suspends 19 in football fight
The Associated Press HICKMAN, Ky. -- Nineteen football players from two high schools have been suspended for an Oct. 2 fight at a game in western Kentucky.

The Kentucky High School Athletic Association suspended players from Fulton County and Calloway County and fined Fulton County High School $1,000.

Sixteen Fulton County players were suspended for 29 games, including one who was suspended indefinitely. The school has also suspended coach James Bridges for the rest of the season.

http://www.paducahsun.com
The KHSAA also placed Fulton County on probation until 2011.

Three Calloway County players will sit out one game. The players were not identified in a statement from the KHSAA Thursday. The game last week was halted late in the fourth quarter when a fight broke out on the field.

Information from: The Paducah Sun, http://www.paducahsun.com
Wow 29 games they are suspended. I am taking this was a huge fight to have such big punishments.
Times have changed for sure I remember football as having as much discipline as anything. The toleration level has been expanded.
why did this fight happen and who started it???
Death Wrote:Wow 29 games they are suspended. I am taking this was a huge fight to have such big punishments.

16 players were suspended for a total of 29 games.

I assume that means 13 players for 2 games each and the other 3 players for 1 game.
Video of the fight is up on youtuube now just search
Tight Shot of Fulton County vs. Calloway County, 2009 Football or

Wide Shot of Calloway County vs. Fulton County 2009 Football
there are 2 clips on utube, the most teling is the 3:45 clip. I would post a link but without taking time to make sure I'm not breaking a rule here I will error on side of caution. This is a must see, espically for any players that get the chance to watch this and hopefully learn a lession from watching it
Is Fulton County the team in red? Looks like that's the team that started it, but the video evidence is hard because you don't see what led to the start of it.
jammin' jamey Wrote:Is Fulton County the team in red? Looks like that's the team that started it, but the video evidence is hard because you don't see what led to the start of it.
Fulton is in the blue and Calloway in the red.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Fulton is in the blue and Calloway in the red.

You can clearly see that the Calloway player had his eyes gouged. The player who did this (can not tell on the video) is a thug and should not be allowed to play agian. It was also sad to see the Fulton players laughing about it on the side lines and lack of Fulton coaching staff getting their players off the field. At my old high school, if you left the sidelines for something like that, it would be a long time (if ever) before you would be back on the field. I remember one game when one of our players and one of the opponents got into a pushing match. The whole opposing team ran onto the field and not one of our players did. After the game the coach was more proud of that than the win!
sstack Wrote:You can clearly see that the Calloway player had his eyes gouged. The player who did this (can not tell on the video) is a thug and should not be allowed to play agian. It was also sad to see the Fulton players laughing about it on the side lines and lack of Fulton coaching staff getting their players off the field. At my old high school, if you left the sidelines for something like that, it would be a long time (if ever) before you would be back on the field. I remember one game when one of our players and one of the opponents got into a pushing match. The whole opposing team ran onto the field and not one of our players did. After the game the coach was more proud of that than the win!
Yeah if you did that when i played you would be riding the pine all year. That whole thing was ridicolous and Fultons players showed no class what so ever with how they were talking on the sideline. That would be embarassing i would be shamed if i where a player or coach from that team.
Fulton Co. season should be over in my opinion.
nm