Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Highlands
92.86%
Dixie Heights
7.14%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands vs. Dixie Heights 10/2
Ok lets get it started and start some chatter about this week's big District opener for the Birds. Do they show up with a hangover and struggle or will the Defense keep rolling and pitch a shutout.

We can assume that Will BArdo will not play and Patrick Towles will be the starter. Will the Birds offensive coordinator change his gameplan or will they stick with the same?

I think the Birds win this one rather easily and the Defense comes to play once again.

Birds 28
Dixie 0
qryche11 Wrote:Ok lets get it started and start some chatter about this week's big District opener for the Birds. Do they show up with a hangover and struggle or will the Defense keep rolling and pitch a shutout.

We can assume that Will BArdo will not play and Patrick Towles will be the starter. Will the Birds offensive coordinator change his gameplan or will they stick with the same?

I think the Birds win this one rather easily and the Defense comes to play once again.

Birds 28
Dixie 0

Doesn't look good for Bardo, which means the QB will be handing the ball off to Collinsworth/Fennell/Streeter and dumping off the occasional screen. The potency is diminished some, but I still see this team having more than enough for an underachieving Dixie team.
Birds 35-7
HHS by 30!
Hhs 21-3
HHS: 35
Dixie: 10

Highlands will obviously focus on the running game and that will carry them to the win, but I see Towles making a few mistakes that may lead to some easy Dixie points.
Highlands will roll in this one. Offensively, they may not have the same firepower without Bardo but they still have enough weapons to put some points up on the board against the suspect Dixie defense. On defense, if the Birds play the way they did this past week, Dixie may not even cross midfield.

Highlands 42
Dixie 7
HHS : 26
Dixie : 10
If last week's Birds D shows up this week in Ft. Thomas, the clock'll be runnin' at halftime...... All AC in this game....
Highlands
The Bluebirds are just too much for Dixie. HHS takes this one by 3 touchdowns.

Best of luck to both!
I am very excited to see this game tonight. There are many questions that will be answered in regards to the Bluebirds offensive scheme. I think Highlands run's away with the game, but I do feel we have a new week#1 tonight. Towles, if QB, has a very short learning curve. I'm sure many future opponents will be keeping an eye on this one....
If I'm Dixie tonight, even if our defense is a little suspect, I don't let AC or the other runninb backs beat me tonight. Lets make Towles beat us. Having said that, if I'm Dixie I would put maybe 8, 9, maybe even 10 in the box at times to stop the run. I would want to make Highlands air it out to beat us as it would give Dixie the best chance to win as they are facing a somewhat inexperience QB.

Having said that, I will be rooting for Highlands in this one.

Higlands 24
Dixie 7
BaseballIsLife Wrote:If I'm Dixie tonight, even if our defense is a little suspect, I don't let AC or the other runninb backs beat me tonight. Lets make Towles beat us. Having said that, if I'm Dixie I would put maybe 8, 9, maybe even 10 in the box at times to stop the run. I would want to make Highlands air it out to beat us as it would give Dixie the best chance to win as they are facing a somewhat inexperience QB.

Having said that, I will be rooting for Highlands in this one.

Higlands 24
Dixie 7

I realize Bardo is out, but come on we're not talking about Boone Co here. I doubt very seriously Dixie puts 8, 9, or even 10 in the box tonight. Don't overlook Towles...he has a very strong arm and is more than capable of leading the Birds down the field through the air.