Poll: Good idea or bad idea?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
70.00%
No
30.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should other school districts do a county wide bowl such as Pike County?
I say yes....there is alot of money to be made at an event like this...

Some counties such as floyd would have to pull teams from other districts to play against....due to the fact that 3 out of the 4 teams are in the same district and the fact that prestonsburg needs more competition than the county has to offer...
Yes i think this would be a good thing but your right Floyd County would have to bring in someone else because PBurg would just roll the other 3 teams in the county. The problem is most counties only have 2 teams at the most unlike pike county who has several. But i think it would be a great thing to do.
i would like to see Estill County have a bowl game and invite several teams to play in it and host it on a saturday during the regular season. the only thing we have is the 82 Food Mart Classic and thats in basketball
Greenup County and Russell play in the Backyard Brawl, Greenup County and Russell and Raceland are all in the same county and all play each other, something like that needs to be done.:rockon:
I agree it is a good idea. I cant believe that there not playing the apple bowl this year in johnson county.:ChairHit:
yes that would be nice for every team to have a bowl party lol like bell and middlesboro used to we would alternate stadiums but every year bell would beat somebody and mboro would beat somebody and play for the city county bowl but now that mboro dont play us anymore we call it the city county classic and we always bring in great talent from around the state and out of state this years classic was at bell high and as you probably know my bobcats got beat by the almighty Alcoa team which is a really great team and good kids and great coaches but we have played teams like Alcoa, Knoxville Central, East Jessamine, Clinton TN, Madison Central KY, Tates Creek, but schools like that bring alot of fans and i mean make a double header(2 games in one night) charge $5 a head a schools could raise funds for anything they needed
thats what i'm saying...and just think of what bigger districts with four teams or more could bring in...big renvenue....
This probably works in the small school districts, but in the Northern and Central counties, there is no need for it. There are just too many schools and would not make sense from a scheduling standpoint. In NKY especially, the stands are packed every Friday night, with no need for it to be a special event. The game is the event.
Would love to see Letcher Co do a bowl, but have closer schools come from neighbor counties to help them with high cost of travel. That way they won't have to travel so far to play.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Would love to see Pikeville have to play other county schools in the Pikecounty Bowl.