Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone work on gas stoves?
Just wondering if there is anyone on here that might know a little bit about natural gas stoves. I have a three burner that works when it wants to. The stove will burn for about 1 - 2 hours then go off and not light back. But I can hook up my one burner and it works all the time just not as much heat with it as compared to the three burner stove. Someone please help or direct me to some help. And if not thanks anyways.
not me...dangerous stuff
yea it is i have taken it apart and got to work, it wouldnt even burn for the longest time. but now its got a mind of its own
Are you hooked up to a gas line or to a tank? Sounds to me you are loseing line pressure. Check your regulator, and crank it up a notch. We had a simular problem at our church and the gas company said they cut back on line pressure so they could pump the gas up north where they could get more money out of it.
the gas comes straight from the well. no regulators
I'll have to think about that one. Are you the only one hooked up on the well?
no there are 3 other but they don't have any problems. I have taken the stove off several times and blew it out with air hose and it works fine when i blow it out for 1 - 2 hours.
Does your stove have a filter at in intake side of the gas line as it goes in the stove? Check the filter and replace or clean if needed. My grandmothers stove had a filter and it would stop up sometimes. Hope that helps. You can also check the vents themselfs. Sometimes they build up carbon and stop up. Use something like a paper clip (straightened out) and run it in and out of the holes to clean them.
ok i will try that
no go. no filter or anything like that
Did you get to try cleaning the burners with the paper clip? Also do you have a pressure gauge handy? If you do, you should have around 13psi, going to the stove itself. Sorry I couldn't be more help.
You tried and yea i did, i just dont know what is wrong with it. The stove was bought about 2 years ago but only used the first part of the winter the first year and then it started screwing up.
I've tried to think of someone all day but don't have a clue BP.
ok thats me, have no clue who can work on them
All u Have 2 do is turn the gas on full blast and let it fill the room then light a lighter...that should make all 4 burners work!!!!
BigJ that was not called for