Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bishop Brossart 56 Jenkins 6
Give the Cavs time.
:dontthink

finepoint Wrote:well ref, tell me why they had 2 good years, then last year they kept the scores respectable at least? Not to discourage the Maggard envy you have, but as a head coach, what has he ever done to make you think so highly of him?

:dontthink

Your a long way buddy
Larry Maggard will do good things in the next few years. Sounds to me like there is a lot of hard and hurt feelings still lingering in Jenkins. The best thing for everyone, most importantly the players, is to go out and support them. The more you bash a program, coach and or players, the more it will diminish your returns. If any of Jenkins' players get on here and read all this negativity, why should they try to have school spirit and pride. Regardless of the facts or who is at fault for the changes, they have been made. Get out and support the Cavaliers and show them that everyone is behind the players.
There is no since in bashing a team that has kids on it that give it thier all. The sad thing is that players do get on here and read all this stuff about them. They will be fine in a few years when the coach gets his system there. They already won a game this year so they know how to win. I wish Jenkins the best in the years to come. I just hope the community will get behind the team and support them.
fbcoachnoitall Wrote:Larry Maggard will do good things in the next few years. Sounds to me like there is a lot of hard and hurt feelings still lingering in Jenkins. The best thing for everyone, most importantly the players, is to go out and support them. The more you bash a program, coach and or players, the more it will diminish your returns. If any of Jenkins' players get on here and read all this negativity, why should they try to have school spirit and pride. Regardless of the facts or who is at fault for the changes, they have been made. Get out and support the Cavaliers and show them that everyone is behind the players.

I agree. It's time to quit making excuses and playing the blame game at Jenkins. Larry will do as good as job as he possibly can at Jenkins. If the players remain dedicated and work hard then they should experience success. Not all success can be measured in wins and losses. Are they getting better and are they giving their all? That's all anybody can ask of any team.
I just want to let the boys know, that their parents and the community are still behind them, just remember to keep your heads up and keep your pride. Good luck in the game on Friday. Work hard, give it your best and have fun and good things will happen. :1:
cav mom Wrote:I just want to let the boys know, that their parents and the community are still behind them, just remember to keep your heads up and keep your pride. Good luck in the game on Friday. Work hard, give it your best and have fun and good things will happen. :1:

:Thumbs::Thumbs:
Yes, I do agree we should not bash the players under any circumstance. They should be comended for having the dedication for being there and working to get better especialy during these tough times. The FACT is some coaches are not very good head coaches.
Some of you speak of as if Jenkins never had a weight program? Jenkins has been around for a long time. You cannot blame the previous staffs for the lack of success or what's going wrong today. What has the under armour thing got to do with a 42-0 at the half drubbing to Bishop Brossart? Bishop Brossart has improved obviously but they are by no means a dominate football program. I remember when Maggard was at Morgan co. Estill rolled in with 8 freshman starting on offense and defense and beat them and Morgan had twice the talent. I do not forsee any changes in 3 years at all.
fbcoachnoitall Wrote:Larry Maggard will do good things in the next few years. Sounds to me like there is a lot of hard and hurt feelings still lingering in Jenkins. The best thing for everyone, most importantly the players, is to go out and support them. The more you bash a program, coach and or players, the more it will diminish your returns. If any of Jenkins' players get on here and read all this negativity, why should they try to have school spirit and pride. Regardless of the facts or who is at fault for the changes, they have been made. Get out and support the Cavaliers and show them that everyone is behind the players.

I agree, GREAT POST! The players deserve it.