Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 2010
I look for the Panthers to contain the Region this year
Its up for grabs, Pikeville, Paintsville, Lawrence County, Johnson Central, and Belfry would be my top 5. And there is not much seperation in that top 5.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Its up for grabs, Pikeville, Paintsville, Lawrence County, Johnson Central, and Belfry would be my top 5. And there is not much seperation in that top 5.

I think AC could be up there with these teams, i believe they only lost 1 senior last year.
IMO Lawrence Co. won't be worth jack if Chandler doesn't come back. Tate Banks would be their ace and he's throws too many strikes to ring a good 5,6 batters up

Belfry will be good
If...Then Wrote:IMO Lawrence Co. won't be worth jack if Chandler doesn't come back. Tate Banks would be their ace and he's throws too many strikes to ring a good 5,6 batters up

Belfry will be good
You'll see. Chandler couldn't pitch every single game last year. They will be fine.
Panther Thunder Wrote:You'll see. Chandler couldn't pitch every single game last year. They will be fine.

What about the field and batting?
If...Then Wrote:What about the field and batting?
It is to no offense to Chandler, but he isn't being scouted for his offense or defense.
If...Then Wrote:IMO Lawrence Co. won't be worth jack if Chandler doesn't come back. Tate Banks would be their ace and he's throws too many strikes to ring a good 5,6 batters up

Belfry will be good

Tate Banks would be their #3 pitcher, not their ace. He may not even be the #3 depending on if a couple other players step up. Cody Moore should be the ace this year and at times he threw just as good as chandler last season. He's not a power pitcher, but he spots it well and has great command of his pitchers.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Tate Banks would be their #3 pitcher, not their ace. He may not even be the #3 depending on if a couple other players step up. Cody Moore should be the ace this year and at times he threw just as good as chandler last season. He's not a power pitcher, but he spots it well and has great command of his pitchers.

From what I saw over the summer, I'll put the money on Banks.

Where in the heck have you been hiding at the last 6 months anyways?
Mr.Kimball Wrote:From what I saw over the summer, I'll put the money on Banks.

Where in the heck have you been hiding at the last 6 months anyways?

From what I was told it's going to be a toss up between Cody and Sam on who the #1 will be and Tate will be behind those two. However, I am sure that could change 4 or 5 times before the season actually starts though.
At the first of last season Pikeville seemed to have a ton of problems and then they worked on them,playing better toward the end. Any clues on this or was it a misconception? Could this repeat this year?
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:At the first of last season Pikeville seemed to have a ton of problems and then they worked on them,playing better toward the end. Any clues on this or was it a misconception? Could this repeat this year?

You were very perceptive about last year. I dont see this repeating. Pikeville had several players playing for the first time last year. It took 3-4 weeks to gel last year. This year they have 7 starters coming back and other than Zack Dingus they didnt lose any production. I would expect Randy Maynard to step in and be productive right away.

Also two key coaching moves contributed last year. First of all the coaches got off the players backs and took the pressure off. Second, the coach let the catchers call pitches about this time. I think both moves payed huge dividends and turned the season around. They won something like 14 of the last 16 games.
What about pikevilles pitching?
Panthers have a good chance of taking region,Imo. A lot of talent returns.