Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Horn Lake (MS)
35.71%
Johnson Central
64.29%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Horn Lake (MS) @ Johnson Central Aug. 28
Game is apart of the Big Sandy RECC Bowl.

Predictions/Thoughts?
Anybody have any info on the out of state team?
No detail on them from Max Preps just schedule and roster. They have decent size, but doesn't mean they have good football size. 5-6 record tells me that they are not likely much of a threat.
Calpreps.com projects Johnson Central to win, 28-27.

Should be a dandy if their correct.
Johnson Central
Well not much of an opinion on who will win this game due to a lack of knowledge of Horn Lake. But I will say that it is nice that a coach and school from the mountains is branching out and playing out of state teams (excluding the obvious tn.,oh.,and wv opponents) win or lose maybe if some more coaches try this we open more opprotunities and doors for the kids around here.
will prolly be a good game......jc should be hungry after boyle took it to them so im gonna take central by 2 tds
Horn Lake has a 6'4 185 WR named Bakari Trotter who has verbally committed to Memphis, he is listed as running a 4.5 40 on Rivals.

From his article:

"Trotter expects to be an impact player at the college level after rounding up 23 catches and 6 touchdowns as a junior despite playing in a very run-oriented offensive system"
Horn Lake's team website: http://www.hornlakefootball.com/

Mississippi's most active HS message board: http://hsmississippi.scout.com/
Horn Lake!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Horn Lake has a 6'4 185 WR named Bakari Trotter who has verbally committed to Memphis, he is listed as running a 4.5 40 on Rivals.

From his article:

"Trotter expects to be an impact player at the college level after rounding up 23 catches and 6 touchdowns as a junior despite playing in a very run-oriented offensive system"

If Horn has a good passing game, they could give JC some trouble. Hard to pick this one; Horn 28 JC 21.
Does anyone think Matney would bring in a team that can play all the way form Miss?????
so what happens if johnson central is blown out again i think then it becomes a season in turmoil for the eagles i hate to say it but after last week i feel this is a must win for the eagles
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Does anyone think Matney would bring in a team that can play all the way form Miss?????

Yes I do
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:so what happens if johnson central is blown out again i think then it becomes a season in turmoil for the eagles i hate to say it but after last week i feel this is a must win for the eagles

I think if they get blown out again..it's just gonna make them stronger. We have a young team this year..plenty of room for learning...they will be fine.
Eagle_Fan442 Wrote:I think if they get blown out again..it's just gonna make them stronger. We have a young team this year..plenty of room for learning...they will be fine.

it is that young team that worries me the morale im sure is on a tightrope and another thrashing like the one last friday could really put this team in an emotional hole
In a hard hitting game JCHS 21 and Horn Lake 18
Kinda like the Canadian national champs from last year??? lol
Anyone know the status or outlook of the Johnson Central players injuries from last week??

I've heard starters Josh Lackey, Nathan Dillon, J.K. Hall and Tanner Bratton are all injured.
William Muney Wrote:Kinda like the Canadian national champs from last year??? lol

With all due respect to St. Thomas More, they lost a lot for the previous year and they only had one week of practice before the game with JC.
Sounds like Horn is a run oriented offense. JC should be able to make it interesting. I am going with JC (staying with the KY teams)

JC 21
Horn 17
I am at work with my bro from Miss. He said that they where one of his rivals in highschool and there win loss record doesn't reflect the team. He said that they where tough year in and year out. He said they have a running game all night and you need to force them to pass.
I pick JC to win this one, there hungry they will fight hard 4 this WIN!!! GOOD LUCK JC!!:rockon:
They play good football in Mississippi. Good luck Eagles.
I'll say Horn Lake 28 JC 14.
Johnson Central by 2 td's!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Going to be a wet one it looks like.
I'll take JC on this one...kind of a strange match-up, good for football in my opinion.
I will take the Eagles in this one. Home openers have been good at JC in the past.
take jc