Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New 15th rankings
After a solid week of play, lets hear what the new rankings should be. Mine would be :

1. Betsy Layne
2. Belfry
3. Allen Central
4. South Floyd
5. Pikeville
6. Johnson Central
7. Prestonsburg
7. East Ridge
9. Piarist
10. Phelps
11. Sheldon Clark
12. Lawrence Co.
13. Pike Co. Central
14. Shelby Valley
15. Paintsville
16. Magoffin Co.
1. Betsy Layne
2. Belfry
3. Allen Central
4. Pikeville
5. South Floyd
6. Johnson Central
7. Prestonsburg
8. Pike Central
9. East ridge
10. Phelps
11. Sheldon Clark
12. Lawrence Co.
13. Shelby Valley
14. Piarist
15. Paintsville
16. Magoffin Co.
UK Fan14 Wrote:After a solid week of play, lets hear what the new rankings should be. Mine would be :

1. Betsy Layne
2. Belfry
3. Allen Central
4. South Floyd
5. Pikeville
6. Johnson Central
7. Prestonsburg
7. East Ridge
9. Piarist
10. Phelps
11. Sheldon Clark
12. Lawrence Co.
13. Pike Co. Central
14. Shelby Valley
15. Paintsville
16. Magoffin Co.

I don't think we will know who is #1 until Belfry and Betsy Layne play with all starters there, they play Sept. 10th. I still think it will be Belfry in the end.TongueirateSho
bigsis22 Wrote:I don't think we will know who is #1 until Belfry and Betsy Layne play with all starters there, they play Sept. 10th. I still think it will be Belfry in the end.TongueirateSho
You have a good point, that's why I hope to do one of these polls every couple of weeks, if not every week.
Are you going to post your rankings ? If you do maybe we'll add up all of them at the end of each week and post the results.

After week 1 you've got to give BL the nod IMO.
i think BL would sweep em if they palyed but the pirates will make it competitive
Betsy Layne
Belfry
South Floyd
Allen Central
Pikeville

Betsy Layne is the team to beat as of now. Too early to tell about Belfry...playing without a three year starter/top server in region, middle blocker and not set on a setter. They started slow last year as well. I don't look for them to put it all together until Oct.

I look for a three team race to region finals.
Tin Cup Wrote:Betsy Layne
Belfry
South Floyd
Allen Central
Pikeville

Betsy Layne is the team to beat as of now. Too early to tell about Belfry...playing without a three year starter/top server in region, middle blocker and not set on a setter. They started slow last year as well. I don't look for them to put it all together until Oct.

I look for a three team race to region finals.

You are right about Betsy Layne and Belfry. I believe Allen Central is better than South Floyd at this time but Allen Central has a history of not getting any better as the season progresses.
true_blue221 Wrote:1. Betsy Layne
2. Belfry
3. Allen Central
4. Pikeville
5. South Floyd
6. Johnson Central
7. Prestonsburg
8. Pike Central
9. East ridge
10. Phelps
11. Sheldon Clark
12. Lawrence Co.
13. Shelby Valley
14. Piarist
15. Paintsville
16. Magoffin Co.

Pike Central over all the other teams????? They are 0-7 right now :flush:
BL beat belfry.... belfry beat AC(in 3) AC beat BL its those 3 then everyone else
Next week will tell us more with the top four playing each other. Should be an entertaining week for 15th region volleyball.
In a time period of one week: Betsy Layne defeated South Floyd
Allen Central defeated Pikeville
Allen Central defeated Betsy Layne
South Floyd defeated Pikeville
South Floyd defeated Betsy Layne
Allen Central defeated South Floyd
Except for Belfry, I think the top 5 or 6 is too close to call at this time.:Thumbs:
1)Allen Central
2)Betsy Layne
3)Belfry
4)South Floyd
5)Pikeville
not watched but one game and that was the championship of the all a but im going to say from what i have heard:

1)Allen Central
2)Belfry
3)Betsy Layne
3)South Floyd
5)Pikeville
It will be a great post season tournament in the 15th region this year.
1)Allen Central
2)Belfry
3)Betsy Layne
3)South Floyd
5)East Ridge
I think that everyone is giving Belfry way too much credit. They were a good team in the past because they had the same coaching, year after year. Belfry is down this year without Rick Mounts. The top 3 teams in the region is AC, Betsy Layne, and South Floyd. Then Belfry at 4th. Its hard to say right now which is actually #1. We'll have to wait and see who can hold on to that at the end of the Regional Tournament. Great all "A" volleyball.
Even Tubby Smith did well with the Pitino's remaining players the year after he left. Those girls know the game and do want to win. No disrespect to the coach intended, but I am curious to see how the team performs in 2-3 years down the road. My predictions remain the same. BL came in playing like they had never stopped; however they are going to have to up their level of playing to stop Allen Central. AC lost several players, but has an excellent coach who knows what it takes to shape his team into winning. If anyone can find a way to improve their team's performance, he can do it. I don't have a clue how Pikeville found their way into the number 5 spot; but I would have to place East Ridge in that slot. Good luck to all the teams.
I think the top 4 should do some flipping after this week.