Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breakout Season
What team could unsuspectingly have a breakout season and surprise everyone?

*A new thread was made because the previous thread was originally made before last season.
A team that is always there that is gonna turn some heads this year is Sheldon Clark. After losing some very talented players from last years squad look for a whole new look to the team this year.
BatCat11 Wrote:A team that is always there that is gonna turn some heads this year is Sheldon Clark. After losing some very talented players from last years squad look for a whole new look to the team this year.

Could the Cards be switching to a spread formation with Stepp under center?
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Could the Cards be switching to a spread formation with Stepp under center?

Sheldon Clark a passing team lol. Hager don't pass the ball he is a wishbone man.

And they have done away with the blue jerseys and have got new home and away jerseys
Did the other thread on this subject get closed?
Brossart - If they win one game this year, it will be the schools 1st ever win. That to me would be a Breakout season.
Stardust Wrote:Did the other thread on this subject get closed?

A new thread was made because the previous thread was made before last season.

That's what BlackcatAlum said.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
MisterPerfect Wrote:A new thread was made because the previous thread was made before last season.

That's what BlackcatAlum said.

You do a great job of speaking for him:Clap:
I think that Pikeville will turn a lot of heads this, I heard a lot of good from them at camp against some bigger schools and I'm excited to watch them play against Covington Holy Cross
I think Harlan Co. will have a great season.

I also think Perry Central will too. With this being Jordan Amis's senior year that he will want to prove .
Shelby Valley (5-6) could also have a breakout year. They didn't lost anyone (they had 0 seniors last year)!
I do not forsee it, One and done.
I think CovCath could surprise a lot of people this year. After going 5-7 each of the last two seasons and being blown out most of those games, Coach Wirth has managed to change the culture their and bring an excitement back to the program. I'm not saying they will beat highlands but I could see them going anywhere from 6-4 to 8-2 this year. Let's not forget they have a very talented junior class who went undefeated against Kentucky opponents last year on JV including a convincing win against Highlands just 12 hours after being humiliated 61-0 on varsity. And their two lone losses were 18-6 @Lasalle and 21-0 against Elder. Like I said I'm not saying they will beat Highlands and win state but I think things are really looking up for the colonels this year and years to come. I can promise you one thing you will see no blowouts this year, they have a fantastic coaching staff and the players have a lot of heart and are determined to restore the pride of Covington Catholic.
CCH11pkhills Wrote:I think CovCath could surprise a lot of people this year. After going 5-7 each of the last two seasons and being blown out most of those games, Coach Wirth has managed to change the culture their and bring an excitement back to the program. I'm not saying they will beat highlands but I could see them going anywhere from 6-4 to 8-2 this year. Let's not forget they have a very talented junior class who went undefeated against Kentucky opponents last year on JV including a convincing win against Highlands just 12 hours after being humiliated 61-0 on varsity. And their two lone losses were 18-6 @Lasalle and 21-0 against Elder. Like I said I'm not saying they will beat Highlands and win state but I think things are really looking up for the colonels this year and years to come. I can promise you one thing you will see no blowouts this year, they have a fantastic coaching staff and the players have a lot of heart and are determined to restore the pride of Covington Catholic.

Campbell County's JV went undefeated last year against all teams, I still don't translate that into wins for the Varsity :popcorn:
Campbell County didn't play the level of competition CovCath did last year. They didn't play New Cath, Beechwood, or highlands in Kentucky. CovCath did and beat them all and played two GCL teams pretty tough. I'm not saying JV wins translate to varsity wins, I'm just saying it shows they had a lot of talent in that sophomore class and the majority of them are now on varsity this year.
Didn't CovCath lose a few players to Beechwood?
East Ridge should have a great year they have all the offense and all the defense back on the field this year.
One player was rumored to transfer to Beechwood but decided to come back to CovCath after dead period, that's all I know of.
Everybody even their fans are quite about Rockcastle Co. I think they are going to show up big this year. They always did field a great team and i like the new coach. I would like to see them bust it open.