Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
David Weathers
Why do the Reds keep sending this guy out there?
i wonder the same thing, the million dollar question.
Bring back Todd Coffey. hahahahahaha
He needs to be released, he's freaking terrible, why in the world does Dusty keep sending him out there when he cannot get anyone OUT
Cause Dusty doesn't know what he's doing.
1. He looks like Sgt. Tackleberry from Police Academy.
2. He's not Danny Graves.
David Weathers is not a bad guy to have on your team. He has been around a while and can help mentor the young guys in the Reds' pen (Burton, Massett, Herrera, etc.) from all those years of experience. Weathers can certainly teach them how to get by on nights when they don't have their best stuff. At least he ought to be able to, since that's what he faces every single night yet he has still managed to stick around for 15+ years now.

The problem is the way Dusty uses him. At this point of his career, Weathers relies solely on guile and throwing junk. That may be fine to send him out to burn some innings of a blowout, but he should NOT be used in the late innings of close games. And especially not to come in with runners already on base.

I believe I saw that Weathers has allowed 10 of 18 inherited runners to score this year. So sending him in to "put out the fire" is more like throwing gasoline on it.

My suggestion is to keep him on the team and let the young guys learn about the art of pitching from him. Expecting anything more than that is foolish.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:David Weathers is not a bad guy to have on your team. He has been around a while and can help mentor the young guys in the Reds' pen (Burton, Massett, Herrera, etc.) from all those years of experience. Weathers can certainly teach them how to get by on nights when they don't have their best stuff. At least he ought to be able to, since that's what he faces every single night yet he has still managed to stick around for 15+ years now.

The problem is the way Dusty uses him. At this point of his career, Weathers relies solely on guile and throwing junk. That may be fine to send him out to burn some innings of a blowout, but he should NOT be used in the late innings of close games. And especially not to come in with runners already on base.

I believe I saw that Weathers has allowed 10 of 18 inherited runners to score this year. So sending him in to "put out the fire" is more like throwing gasoline on it.

My suggestion is to keep him on the team and let the young guys learn about the art of pitching from him. Expecting anything more than that is foolish.

:notworthy

lol...I agree completely...