Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
53rd District 2010
Predictions?
Due to losing very little to graduation, I feel Coach Dean will have the Cougars back in championship form.
Kcc and LCCHS battle for it again. Injuries and pitching will determine the final outcome. Toss up at this point.
LCC...Going to be a very special year for the Cougars IMO!
Knott and LCC will be the two teams to come out of this district. Does this district seed or draw?
Seed..
KCC is the favorite going to the season to win it. IMO. They beat LCC all 3 times they played last season.The Patriots only lost one senior in Josh Richardson and return a lot of young talnet.
I agree, until we beat knott co, we will not be the favorite.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
The Pats didnt lose a district game in 2009. No Question they are the favorites going into the season with LCC not far behind.
Knott is the slight favorite until proven otherwise. LCC will host the region this year.
That will help them I think to maybe take this year seriously.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Where is the district at this year?
I think either Jenkins or Knott Co. Region is at LCC.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

cougarpride08 Wrote:I think either Jenkins or Knott Co. Region is at LCC.

It was at KCC this season that just past.
MVP2 Wrote:It was at KCC this season that just past.

No, the 2009 53rd district tourney was held at LCC, and next year it will be at Jenkins. Region was at Hazard this year and next year it will be at LCC...That clear everyone up???
Jshort5 Wrote:No, the 2009 53rd district tourney was held at LCC, and next year it will be at Jenkins. Region was at Hazard this year and next year it will be at LCC...That clear everyone up???

Thx for the correction, Yes it clears everything up about where the distict will be held at next season. KCC will win it where ever its at. I guess that clears everything! :Thumbs:
Maybe, maybe not. We will see. Will Knott County build on old traditions or were they a "one hit wonder."
MVP2 Wrote:Thx for the correction, Yes it clears everything up about where the distict will be held at next season. KCC will win it where ever its at. I guess that clears everything! :Thumbs:

I wouldn't be so sure. Yes, they're the defending district champions, but it's baseball and anything can happen. Plus, LCC has 10 seniors. Around the same number of seniors' they had when they won Region in 2007. No, I'm not guarenteeing a region win per say, but I am guarenteeing that it won't be KCC for sure as you say. Hope that clears YOU up a little...
I'm with Jshort5 on this one. In baseball nothing is a sure thing. I do have to say that KCC is the favorite though until they are beaten.
Jshort5 Wrote:I wouldn't be so sure. Yes, they're the defending district champions, but it's baseball and anything can happen. Plus, LCC has 10 seniors. Around the same number of seniors' they had when they won Region in 2007. No, I'm not guarenteeing a region win per say, but I am guarenteeing that it won't be KCC for sure as you say. Hope that clears YOU up a little...

I never once said KCC would win region. I think they are one of the top teams that could win it. Yes I am saying they will win district and I'll guarentee that. KCC only lost one senior and they got a good replacement in Blake Smith. KCC beat LCC in all 3 times last season and I dont see anything different in 2010!

KCC-2-LCC-0
KCC-4- LCC-1
KCC-6- LCC-2
Good luck to all of the teams on 2010
I think this year in the 53rd will be one for the record...great battles to come between LCC and KCC...should be a fun year to watch.
Big news in the 53rd...heard about it today...
Give us the scoop.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Give us the scoop.

Well, you can thank TidesHoss and PLAYBOY, for making me think that there was big news....lol
Should be some good games between LCC and KCC this year. Even though KCC won all 3 games last season, they were all close, and KCC was behind most of the game in the district championship. Does anyone know if Jenkins will host district at their own field or somehow host it at LCC?
fanatic11 Wrote:Where is the district at this year?

there saying if jenkins can host the tournment b/c of the light sitution that there gonna hold district at kcc