Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Co Central 09/10
How far do you see the cougars going this year? Got a really bad drawn if they make it to state, but all in all what kind of team are we going to have?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Anything less than a regional crown would be a major disappointment.

Incoming freshmen class will help.

Coach Adams' desire would be to become more competitive in the Central and Western parts of the state. As long as areas do not have club volleyball will never be able to compete with N KY and Louisville.
What I don't understand is we don't have to schedule a lot of 14th region games. Just the ones that are being competitive. I think he needs to schedule more games that will give them better competition.

Aug 13, 09 Leslie County away 6:00 PM
Aug 14, 09 TBA at P-Burg P-burg Invitational
Aug 15, 09 TBA at P-Burg P-burg Invitational
Aug 18, 09 Knott County Central Away 6:00PM
Aug 22, 09 Harlan County home 6:00 PM
Aug 22, 09 home Letcher County Central Classic
Aug 25, 09 Knott County Central home 6:00 PM
Sep 1, 09 Harlan County away 6:00 PM
Sep 3, 09 Hazard home 6:00 PM
Sep 8, 09 Jenkins away 5:30 PM
Sep 10, 09 Cordia home 6:00 PM
Sep 14, 09 Cordia away 6:00 PM
Sep 15, 09 Leslie County home 6:00 PM
Sep 18, 09 at Pulaski County Pulaski County Invitational
Sep 19, 09 at Pulaski County Pulaski County Invitational
Sep 22, 09 Perry County Central away 6:00 PM
Sep 29, 09 Allen Central home 6:00 PM
Oct 1, 09 Belfry away 6:30 PM
Oct 5, 09 Johnson Central home 6:00 PM
Oct 7, 09 South Floyd away 6:30 PM
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Scheduling games is easier said than done. None of the good teams is going to come to Letcher County. LCC can't afford to travel all over the state as volleyball doesn't generate the money like football and basketball. Outside of the district teams(which you have to play twice due to seeding), they are only playing three teams. A majority of the teams are from the 15th region and all are very competitive. The Prestonsburg tournament has 16 teams in it and the Pulaski Co. tournament also has good teams. Last year they played a tournament in Lexington. You still need to play some teams in the 14th region and the teams they are playing, outside of district play, are the only ones who in the past have been halfway competitive
Agreed.
It would be nice to see a team come to LCC. If we could get a two year contract set up to where one year we would go there and the next year they would come here.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

They do not have contracts in volleyball.
I love living here as good as anybody but other parts of the state feel like coming here is like coming to the end of the earth especially in a so called minor sport such as volleyball
But as a sport who always goes to state due to a weak region, that is the only way to get better. No disrespect to the 14th region, but playing these teams other than the district isn't helping us.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

LCC Girls Volleyball team started their youth camp today at the gym. Around 40 girls from 5th to the 9th grade attended. More girls are expected to show up tomorrow. It continues until Wednesday.
That is good to know. We have that many numbers? That is awesome.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!