Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billy Mays Dies at 50
That's four in one week. RIP Billy, Michael, Ed , and Farrah.
Wow, I can't believe this one.

R.I.P. Billy.
I don't want to be ignorant, but who is Billy Mays
Stardust Wrote:I don't want to be ignorant, but who is Billy Mays

The guy who is on like every commercial and infomercial. He advertised products such as oxi-clean, espn360.com, mighty putty, etc.

I always loved to hear that loud, energetic voice in the commercials of my favorite shows.
Stardust Wrote:I don't want to be ignorant, but who is Billy Mays

He did the OxiClean, orange Glo, Mighty Putty. He was KING OF COMMERCIALS
Wow. Four in less than a week. That is so sad. Sad
WOW, now I know who we are talking about. Amazing. He was way too young.
Yesterday Billy was on a plane that landed roughly. Billy wasn't wearing a seat belt and took a hard hit to the head. He issued a statement saying he was fine as he has a "hard head". This may or may not have aided in the death of Billy.

Billy will be missed by a lot. I loved seeing his infomercials and such. Also loved his interview during one of the college football games thius past season when he showed just how to really sell a product. The guy was a sales pitch genius.
Awh, he was just on one of the Tonight shows the other night. He was such a great guy! RIP Billy Mays.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-EXPRESS YOURSELF-

Morehead State Eagle!
Very surprised news. I cannot believe how many celebrities have passed this week. Thoughts and prayers to all of their families. RIP Billy.
thetribe Wrote:Very surprised news. I cannot believe how many celebrities have passed this week. Thoughts and prayers to all of their families. RIP Billy.

Same here
Sad news.
Out of the four thats passed away, this and Farrah's death have affected me the most. Billy was so energetic and talented, and had one of the best shows on TV (Pitchmen)..so tragic, and he too, was only 50..prayers go out to his family..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Terrible news..Was a fan and seen him on the late night talk show as well!
I loved watching Pitchmen on Discovery Channel, I think. This is just strange. Makes you wonder who's going to be next.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
R.I.P. Billy
Loved his ESPN commercials.
Have they announced what was the cause of his death?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
this is sad news. R.I.P Billy
cougarpride08 Wrote:Have they announced what was the cause of his death?

I saw on the news earlier that it could have been heart disease.
He had the greatest beard of all time imo.

Very sad may he RIP.
I still feel bad for the family, but I guess he contributed to this himself, just a stupid thing to happen:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090807/ap_o...billy_mays

TAMPA, Fla. – An official autopsy report released Friday found that cocaine use contributed to the heart disease that suddenly killed TV pitchman Billy Mays in June, but his family called the finding "speculative" and considered getting an independent look at the results.

The Hillsborough County medical examiner's office previously determined that the bearded, boisterous TV spokesman had a heart attack in his sleep. His wife found him unresponsive in bed in their Tampa condo June 28.

Mays, 50, was a pop-culture fixture with his energetic commercials pitching gadgets and cleaning products like Orange Glo and OxiClean.

While heart disease was the primary cause of death, a report released Friday by the medical examiner listed cocaine as a "contributory cause of death."

The medical examiner "concluded that cocaine use caused or contributed to the development of his heart disease, and thereby contributed to his death," the office said in a press release
Yup, that came out the other day...he was a coke fan. Makes a lot of sense though, with his energy and all.