Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central vs Paintsville 4/19
Game starts at 7:45. One of the two isn't going to make the region this year! Should be a good game.
JC by 4, they will bunt Paintsville into the offseason. Happens every year, I dont know when the rest of the region will pick up on small ball against them.
Lets just see what happens in this game.......
Good luck to both teams! Of course I will be rooting for the Tigers but will go out on a limb and say that the winner of this game will win the region.....I honestly don't think it is a very big or high limb though!
The Guru Wrote:Good luck to both teams! Of course I will be rooting for the Tigers but will go out on a limb and say that the winner of this game will win the region.....I honestly don't think it is a very big or high limb though!

If you are talking the 57th probably will win region maybe, but you got work to do to even be there. I think the region is wide open this year, unless you have seen something I have not.

As far as the limb, dont get out on the end and saw your self off.:thatsfunn
The Guru Wrote:Good luck to both teams! Of course I will be rooting for the Tigers but will go out on a limb and say that the winner of this game will win the region.....I honestly don't think it is a very big or high limb though!

I agree with you completely! :notworthy As we all know, win or lose district, it really depends on the draw in the region to see who save their best pitchers the 1st rd. Good luck to all this weekend!
Stopped by the feilds today and the place looks great! I'm sure there are things that need ironed out, but overall looked pretty good.:rockon:
wouldnt the date be 5/19 instead of 4/19?
Who will be the starting pitchers in this one? Will Coach Hall go with Conley? Will Coach Howard go with Lyons or Rice?
OutsideLogic Wrote:Who will be the starting pitchers in this one? Will Coach Hall go with Conley? Will Coach Howard go with Lyons or Rice?

After the way Lyons was lit up in the first match up, and not too mention there ability to play small, I can't imagine starting Lyons in this game. I don't see why they shouldn't go with one of their lefties that are quick, its not like JC is an overpowering offensive team, and atleast that way you will have a better chance against the bunt, and also their jumps and leads off the bases will not be as large either.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:After the way Lyons was lit up in the first match up, and not too mention there ability to play small, I can't imagine starting Lyons in this game. I don't see why they shouldn't go with one of their lefties that are quick, its not like JC is an overpowering offensive team, and atleast that way you will have a better chance against the bunt, and also their jumps and leads off the bases will not be as large either.

I agree, but the jump on a lefty in a squeeze play is phenominal. I think JC will take this one.
Pville needs some strategy this game, quickness on first and pitching. These teams equal out, so this is going to be up to the coaching.
Commanche Wrote:I agree, but the jump on a lefty in a squeeze play is phenominal. I think JC will take this one.

I personally don't remember the last time Paintsville executed a squeeze play?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I personally don't remember the last time Paintsville executed a squeeze play?

1994, City Between the Lakes Tournament, playing Perry Central squeeze bunt for the win.
OutsideLogic Wrote:Who will be the starting pitchers in this one? Will Coach Hall go with Conley? Will Coach Howard go with Lyons or Rice?

Why would you even think about going with Rice?:please:
Paintsville also pulled off a squeeze against Belfry in the City Between the Lakes tourney in 2002.
I was talking about defending the squeeze play.
kidatheart Wrote:Why would you even think about going with Rice?:please:

Hasn't he been their number 2 this year and pitched in some of the bigger games?
OutsideLogic Wrote:Hasn't he been their number 2 this year and pitched in some of the bigger games?

I'M not sure who they have as far as who's 1, 2,3, or beyond, but he's not been producing lately.
kidatheart Wrote:I'M not sure who they have as far as who's 1, 2,3, or beyond, but he's not been producing lately.

Who do you expect to start Kidatheart? Do you think slim rabbit is right?