Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KHSAA denies request
The KHSAA Board of Control rejected requests of two schools to change regions in basketball. Harlan County wanted to move from the 13th to the 14th, and Fleming County wanted to go from the 16th to the 10th. The board agreed to reconsider the requests in the future.
Wow.
Harlan thought they would have an easier time in the 14th so they were trying to move. Maybe they might let them later when they re-district again after some more consolidations.
If you look at it from a travel standpoint it does make sense.

Harlan County is closer to 14th region schools like Leslie County and schools around Hazard and Whitesburg than 13th region schools like Jackson County or the Laurel County schools. (And Williamsburg/Whitley County if you take into consideration that they probably go through Corbin to get there instead of going down Ky. 92)

Plus outside of the larger cities like Lexington and Louisville do you have any other instance of schools in a county being in different regions? Especially ones as close as Harlan County and Harlan Independent?

If I went there I'd probably hate having to go across Pine Mountain to play everyone in the region, although you could say it'd be one heck of a home court advantage because they have to come play you. :biggrin:
Can Harlan Co appeal the request or can they ask agian?
d2hoopsfan Wrote:If you look at it from a travel standpoint it does make sense.

Harlan County is closer to 14th region schools like Leslie County and schools around Hazard and Whitesburg than 13th region schools like Jackson County or the Laurel County schools. (And Williamsburg/Whitley County if you take into consideration that they probably go through Corbin to get there instead of going down Ky. 92)

Plus outside of the larger cities like Lexington and Louisville do you have any other instance of schools in a county being in different regions? Especially ones as close as Harlan County and Harlan Independent?

If I went there I'd probably hate having to go across Pine Mountain to play everyone in the region, although you could say it'd be one heck of a home court advantage because they have to come play you. :biggrin:

Good point!! Pine Mountain, had some bad bus rides over that mountain!! It is a bad trip, especially in school bus. :Thumbs:
Bad deal.