Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What was up with Boyd County's coach in the APB vs BC game?
IMO the Boyd County coach kept his team off the scoreboard one too many times in the 1st half for his kids to even care about getting up for the 2nd half. Going into the locker room trailing 28-possibly 9 would have been much better for those kids state of mind than going in with that big goose egg (28-0).
who knows either his philosophy is pound on the d till u find a flaw then score or just bound till u find something to do. But no matter what they did I think the ashland D would find something to capalize on.
Ashland was too far ahead too quick to get any kind of moral going IMO.
Elm street Wrote:Ashland was too far ahead too quick to get any kind of moral going IMO.

Yes but nothing mentally defeats a team quicker than the coach keeping points off the board. That and losing your starting QB in the 1st Qtr would do in just about any team. Don't get me wrong...BC was not going to win this game but as a coach you would think you would want to get that 00 off the scoreboard the first chance you get...or 2nd, or 3rd...etc., etc. Even if you attempt a FG and miss it is better for the kids psyche than getting stoned on a 4th down attempt....over and over. Just glad to see this game end with no serious injuries to any of our kids.
Well the point is that this game had NO implecation for these next to it being a rivalry. BC's fate was in the hands of Lawrence and Greenup, no matter their play that night against Ashland, the same goes for Ashland, all they had to play for was the rivalry. They had already won the district win or lose. Trust me, as a player, if it's close to a first down on 4th down, and your coach gave you the option, you'd say go for it. It was senior night and I'm sure the seniors wanting to go for it and the coach did what they wanting to do because he knew it was most likely their last game.
Tomcat68 Wrote:Well the point is that this game had NO implecation for these next to it being a rivalry. BC's fate was in the hands of Lawrence and Greenup, no matter their play that night against Ashland, the same goes for Ashland, all they had to play for was the rivalry. They had already won the district win or lose. Trust me, as a player, if it's close to a first down on 4th down, and your coach gave you the option, you'd say go for it. It was senior night and I'm sure the seniors wanting to go for it and the coach did what they wanting to do because he knew it was most likely their last game.

Yes I agree...if it was close...but 4th and 8....4th and even longer and he still went for it. I know all about the tradition behind this rivalry...I graduated from BC. I even sat on the APB side with, at the time girlfriend...later ex-wife, my senior year. Ashland went up 7 - 0 within the first few seconds of the game. I told the ex not to get too excited as they wouldn't score again...turns out I was right as the final that night was APB 7 - BC 34. Rivalry or not, impact on the season or not, you don't do that to your kids in front of their home crowd. Get the goose egg off the scoreboard ASAP.
especially on senior night.