Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Sheldon Clark move from 57th to 60th district
From what I am hearing that despite the protests made by some the stupid superintendent is said to be volunteering SC move to Pike County because he feels that boys basketball will win more and basebal coach Mike Hall and softball coacch Larry May both predicted district championships if the move is made. Lets hear your thoughts ?:beavis:
Down and Out Wrote:From what I am hearing that despite the protests made by some the stupid superintendent is said to be volunteering SC move to Pike County because he feels that boys basketball will win more and basebal coach Mike Hall and softball coacch Larry May both predicted district championships if the move is made. Lets hear your thoughts ?:beavis:

Won't happen
1) That district is loaded

2) Theres already six teams in it (seven if Piriast fields a team)

3) There is no 60th district

Thats all I got...
Real Badman Wrote:1) That district is loaded

2) Theres already six teams in it (seven if Piriast fields a team)

3) There is no 60th district

Thats all I got...

Wrong... There is still a 60th district, and it currently only has 3 teams in it. If you will recall, the combined "super-district" was only a one-year experiment. From what I have heard, it will not be revisited again.

Personally, I think it is the most logical move within the 15th region to try to alleviate the discrepancy caused by the 57th having 5 teams. If this move happened, then each district in the 15th region would have four teams, except for the 59th. If that happened, hopefully the 59th could take a team like Jenkins to complete its own four-team district.

I don't understand why the SC folks would object to the move, aside from not wanting to upset "tradition". Having more teams in the district makes it that much harder to win district titles, so SC would have a much easier path if they moved.

Tell me, which slate of district opponents would make it harder for SC's teams to win:

57th: Johnson, Lawrence, Magoffin, Paintsville
60th: Pike Central, Belfry, Phelps

Looks obvious to me.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
True it could be easier to win in the 60th but school systems all over the state are having teams play teams closer to home because of the fuel costs. Taking that into consideration then its close to two hours to Phelps on a bus, over an hour to get to Pike Central and then have to travel up the dangerous two - lane road on Rt. 292. Now the longest trip is to Magoffin County which is about 45 to 50 minutes, so do the math. Besides moving won't effect the gir;ls program because they will be top team in the region for the next thre to four years. As for the boys they will never win until they get rid of Harless as coach because this man has seen the game pass him by and the same with softball. Baseball will probably be better but thats debatable so if anyone should move its Lawrence County because they shoud never have been placed in the 57 th to start with.TongueirateSho
Down and Out Wrote:True it could be easier to win in the 60th but school systems all over the state are having teams play teams closer to home because of the fuel costs. Taking that into consideration then its close to two hours to Phelps on a bus, over an hour to get to Pike Central and then have to travel up the dangerous two - lane road on Rt. 292. Now the longest trip is to Magoffin County which is about 45 to 50 minutes, so do the math. Besides moving won't effect the gir;ls program because they will be top team in the region for the next thre to four years. As for the boys they will never win until they get rid of Harless as coach because this man has seen the game pass him by and the same with softball. Baseball will probably be better but thats debatable so if anyone should move its Lawrence County because they shoud never have been placed in the 57 th to start with.TongueirateSho

Look for Lawrence to move back to 16h region and SC to saty right hwere they are in the 57th