Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How is UK Football team looking this year?
Everyone is talking about or BBall team, and has forgotten that we have a decent Fball team! What is expected from them this year, and how many W and L will we have? In everyones opinion!
Well we should have a really good Football team this year but we have a very tough schedule to start the season off but I think that is a good thing bc we always play good at the beggining of the season but we are very young so we will see...
^ agreed. team will be very good, the the schedule is a killer.
Yea really cant tell anything about spring ball because its a almost give that one of the two incoming freshman will be the QB..Just my opinion though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
from what i hear they are gong to be pretty good. i read that Brooks was pleased with their first day in full pads.
This is good, I cant wait for some tailgating, i was in cancun when they won over LSU, I would have rather been there!
My bet would be that one or both of the incomming freshman QBs redshirt. Hartline will be the starting QB with Cobb moving back to reciever and maybe taking a few snaps here and there.
well they definitely look better than the bengals lmao!
FBALL Wrote:My bet would be that one or both of the incomming freshman QBs redshirt. Hartline will be the starting QB with Cobb moving back to reciever and maybe taking a few snaps here and there.

I dont know man I just feel that one of the Freshman will step up and be the starter.... They are much better then Hartline... dont get me wrong I like Hartline but I just dont have much faith in him...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Batpuff Wrote:I dont know man I just feel that one of the Freshman will step up and be the starter.... They are much better then Hartline... dont get me wrong I like Hartline but I just dont have much faith in him...
:Thumbs: yep hartline cost us too many games and he just not good enough plain and simple. especially for SEC play.
From my understanding, incoming QB Mossokowski, will be redshirting because he had to have surgery on his arm or shoulder this past winter. I expect Hartline to be the starter once the season starts, but if he begins to struggle expect Newton to be taking the snaps.

IMO, Kentucky will have a really good team this year. I say they win 7-9 games this upcoming season and goto their 4th straight bowl game. I'll pick them to finish 3rd or 4th in the SEC east behind Florida, South Carolina, or Tennessee.

Should be another exciting football season.
FBALL Wrote:My bet would be that one or both of the incomming freshman QBs redshirt. Hartline will be the starting QB with Cobb moving back to reciever and maybe taking a few snaps here and there.

I dont really invision a Newton redshirt I think he is being brought in to be the sure starter of this season Mosaqowski (sp) will redshirt due to the shoulder he went through. I think Hartline will be your starter with Newton getting limited playing time at the beginning of the season. Cobb moves back into the slot and by the end of the season Newton is your starter. What we really need to look at is the RB position, will Locke be at 100% to go next season. He is surely the starting back if at 100% going into the preseason, we will really have to rely on him this season with the inexperience in the beginning at QB. The defense should be great once again the only red flags flaring up are at CB position that was left vacant that Jones gave up after graduation. We will not have as mush depth at the DE and DT positions so these kids will really need to stay healthy. We have a solid LB core the only position we must look at is the ROLB position. The WRs really came into their own during the break in between the regualr season and bowl game. Hopefully Boyd can get it going this season we really missed his presense which the coaching staff and fan base was looking forward to. Hopefully we can resolve our kicking situation which has plagued us the past two seasons losing some close games for us. All in all though I am very excited about this season and vision nothing but good things for this team, hopefully we can make it 4 bowl games in a row and maybe a New YEars day bowl game. LETS GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!:Cheerlead
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I dont really invision a Newton redshirt I think he is being brought in to be the sure starter of this season Mosaqowski (sp) will redshirt due to the shoulder he went through. I think Hartline will be your starter with Newton getting limited playing time at the beginning of the season. Cobb moves back into the slot and by the end of the season Newton is your starter. What we really need to look at is the RB position, will Locke be at 100% to go next season. He is surely the starting back if at 100% going into the preseason, we will really have to rely on him this season with the inexperience in the beginning at QB. The defense should be great once again the only red flags flaring up are at CB position that was left vacant that Jones gave up after graduation. We will not have as mush depth at the DE and DT positions so these kids will really need to stay healthy. We have a solid LB core the only position we must look at is the ROLB position. The WRs really came into their own during the break in between the regualr season and bowl game. Hopefully Boyd can get it going this season we really missed his presense which the coaching staff and fan base was looking forward to. Hopefully we can resolve our kicking situation which has plagued us the past two seasons losing some close games for us. All in all though I am very excited about this season and vision nothing but good things for this team, hopefully we can make it 4 bowl games in a row and maybe a New YEars day bowl game. LETS GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!:Cheerlead

Well i was reading comments from Joker Phillips and Rich Brooks how they cant wait until he gets here in June.. He already has the play book and was at practice Friday and Saturday to watch.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Batpuff Wrote:Well i was reading comments from Joker Phillips and Rich Brooks how they cant wait until he gets here in June.. He already has the play book and was at practice Friday and Saturday to watch.

Read that two but IMO it will still take a little tiem for him to jump right into things. He is diffrent than the traditional Kentucky QBs so I think it will take him a little more time to adapt. I hope I am wrong though, I just think the first game of the season we will see a two QB system and we will slowly move away from that as the season progresses. :Thumbs:
Batpuff Wrote:I dont know man I just feel that one of the Freshman will step up and be the starter.... They are much better then Hartline... dont get me wrong I like Hartline but I just dont have much faith in him...
Agree,I really dont like hartline that much, hope him all the best and he might make me eat mywords this year! Hope so!!
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I dont really invision a Newton redshirt I think he is being brought in to be the sure starter of this season Mosaqowski (sp) will redshirt due to the shoulder he went through. I think Hartline will be your starter with Newton getting limited playing time at the beginning of the season. Cobb moves back into the slot and by the end of the season Newton is your starter. What we really need to look at is the RB position, will Locke be at 100% to go next season. He is surely the starting back if at 100% going into the preseason, we will really have to rely on him this season with the inexperience in the beginning at QB. The defense should be great once again the only red flags flaring up are at CB position that was left vacant that Jones gave up after graduation. We will not have as mush depth at the DE and DT positions so these kids will really need to stay healthy. We have a solid LB core the only position we must look at is the ROLB position. The WRs really came into their own during the break in between the regualr season and bowl game. Hopefully Boyd can get it going this season we really missed his presense which the coaching staff and fan base was looking forward to. Hopefully we can resolve our kicking situation which has plagued us the past two seasons losing some close games for us. All in all though I am very excited about this season and vision nothing but good things for this team, hopefully we can make it 4 bowl games in a row and maybe a New YEars day bowl game. LETS GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!:Cheerlead

Great post and thanks!
no problem Stone, so I was just recently looking at the season ticket sales page. Ticket prices for this season have nearly decreased in half of what they were last season. I was wondering why, due to economic troubles and the University is trying to help out our fan base? Not to mention the loyality of the fan base on traveling to the bowl games, which had really lifted Kentucky's stock on the bowl and recruiting levels. Found this very interesting and I would like to commend the University on making this season more afordable for us fans. Thanks to Lee Todd, Mitch Barnhart and all of the athletic department for making this season easier and more enjoyable on the fans. Now lets work on renovating Commenwealth to make it bigger, LORD KNOWS WE NEED IT lol.
After looking at the schedule I can see 5-7 -7-5.
so how much are they now? season tickets that is!

I have to be looking at the wrong price, if im not then it looks like i will be at every game!
stonesteven Wrote:so how much are they now? season tickets that is!

I have to be looking at the wrong price, if im not then it looks like i will be at every game!

235 for sideline seastion and 200 for endzone last season i think they were around 500 a piece. Must add you K fund price in there to which is 50 dollars for end zones and more depending on your seats for side lines. Hope that helps
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:235 for sideline seastion and 200 for endzone last season i think they were around 500 a piece. Must add you K fund price in there to which is 50 dollars for end zones and more depending on your seats for side lines. Hope that helps

Ya it does thanks! I guess i was looking at the right price! Looks like I will be on the sideline during all the games!!!!!
stonesteven Wrote:Ya it does thanks! I guess i was looking at the right price! Looks like I will be on the sideline during all the games!!!!!

glad to hear that man, hopefully we can meet at one game.:rockon:
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:glad to hear that man, hopefully we can meet at one game.:rockon:

Sounds like a plan! You drink any! I hope so LOL!
stonesteven Wrote:Sounds like a plan! You drink any! I hope so LOL!

A Coors man here lol, I normally tailgate with some UK boosters and Brooks family when they come around and your more than welcome to come down there.
whats the schedule?
4 Things That Will Happen That UK Fans Don't Want:

1. Hartline will be the starter in Game 1 and will probably remain the starter the entire season.

Brooks has already stated he will enter as the starter and from all reports he is playing well with the exception of the deep ball. I will be the first to say that I am not a Hartline fan, but UK fans expecting either Freshman to step in immediately have their heads in the clouds. Likewise, anyone who believes that we should spend another season moving Cobb around from QB to WR to KR is equally as dillusional.

We are talking about SEC football here, how many true Fresh QB's can you recall coming in and dominating play? Additionally, how many of those QB's played for a team like UK who had good talent at the skill spots, but not great talent? I expect Newton to push Hartline throughout the summer, but I expect him to be the #2 QB as Mossakowski redshirts. On a side note I don't expect both QB's to redshirt, I think Brooks wants that year of seperation, and that he wants to do everything possible to leave Cobb at WR. Plus, I don't know about the rest of you, but if Hartline can play every game as well as he did in the Liberty Bowl then I think we will be more than satisfied.

2. As Mentioned Above, Cobb Will Not Be UK's QB

Brooks has taken drastic steps to make sure that Cobb can remain at WR. Cobb is an explosive playmaker and by far UK's best weapon. Considering UK's recruiting success at the QB position it would downright idiotic to hamper Cobb's development at WR by forcing him to spend half his time at QB. I full expect Cobb to transition to about 95% time spent at WR by the end of summer.

I truly feel Brooks and Phillips will eventually design the brunt of the offense around Cobb, sort of like Florida did with Harvin. Expect Cobb to have his normal routes, designed runs, reverses, and even passes designed for him out of the slot. Even if UK only uses one play each of thr above, the fact D-Coordinators must spend precious time gameplanning for this is a victory in itself.

3. Paul Warford Will Probably Not Start This Season
This one really hurts because I feel bad for the kid. Alot of UK fans have already pencilled in Warford as the other starting CB do to his experience. The reality is that he will now be sitting out nearly a year and a half between the redshirt season last year and now his injury keeping him out of Spring practice. That is a long time to be off the field and it will probably take until the end of Summer to get back in Football shape and adjust to the speed of the game.

Additionally, when Warford was starting it was a culmination of lack of depth and David Jones making the re-adjustment from WR and injury. UK at that time only had three SEC calibur CB's and one of them was not 100% due to health. Now, with the emergence of Cartier Rice and Randall Burden UK will have 4 SEC calibur Corners.

4. Even Though UK Will Be Much Improved, Missing a Bowl Is a Possibility

I fully expect UK to be a much better, and much more consistent team than last year, but the reality is that this should be an "Up" year in the SEC and UK's schedule is brutal.

You can pencil in two wins between UL Monroe and EKU. UK will be a prohibitve favorite (but not assured a win) vs. Louisville and Miami (OH). But the SEC schedule is brutal.

UK will be the slight favorite against Miss State @ home and should win that game, but the rest are tossups. The betaable teams are on the road (Arkansas, Vandy, Auburn, Georgia, South Carolina), and the home games are the powerhouses (Florida, Bama,) and the team we couldn't beat even if they suspended all their starters (Tennessee).

I tend to believe UK will win 7-8 games, but they evry easily could finish with 6 wins or worse yet, 5 wins.
I really hope that UK comes out this season with a fire in their stomachs and put some poeople on their tails. I can be happy with a 7 to 8 win season and a 4th straight bowl win. Go Cats!
Anybody got the inside scoop of who they are seriously looking at for the 2010 class?
BIGREDDAWG Wrote:Anybody got the inside scoop of who they are seriously looking at for the 2010 class?

Gotta specify a little more. You wanting in-state? By position?
what is the schedule?