Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holmes 32 - Boone County 29 (9th Region Championship)
To the sweet 16
Dang, low scoring game. Congrats Holmes!
Very low scores!

Congrats Holmes!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-EXPRESS YOURSELF-

Morehead State Eagle!
Congrats Holmes
Lowest scoring chamionship game I have ever seen.
Did the teams slow it down as a gameplan? Anyone go have some game info? Thanks! Congrats to Holmes and to Boone Co. on a great year!!
They must have turned the lights off and give each player a ball. Kidding.

Congrats Holmes!
Tailback44 Wrote:Dang, low scoring game. Congrats Holmes!

Exactly, sounds like there was a ton of D or someone couldn't kick one in the water while standing on the beach.:zzz: :zzz: :zzz:
justabballfan Wrote:Exactly, sounds like there was a ton of D or someone couldn't kick one in the water while standing on the beach.:zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

:popcorn: I agree
Boone slowed down the game considerably against Holmes and played a little stall ball. This is how Boone was able to beat Holmes earlier in the season.

Holmes, though, in return decided to do the same thing and slow the pace down a little bit resulting in the low scoring game.

Both teams showed great defense tonight as they were mixing up their defenses very well going from a 2-3, to a 3-2, then to a man, then maybe into a box-and-1. It was like a chess game with each reacting to other opponents moves.

Great game.
Holmes 32 Boone Co. 29

Holmes 6 8 9 9 32

Boone Co. 4 8 8 9 29

9th Region at NKU
Finals
Holmes (32-2) -- Pittman 13, R.Johnson 13, Housley 2, D.Johnson 2, Rice 2.
Boone Co. (26-5) -- Brown 8, Cotton 6, Earls 6, McFarland 5, Gabbard 2, Spaulding 2
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-EXPRESS YOURSELF-

Morehead State Eagle!
Very, very slow paced game.
I thought PCC had low scoring games!
I remember from last year at the State Tournament, that Holmes style of playing is slow pace, keeping control of the ball as much as possible.
Congrats Holmes.