Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell Co.
In practice yesterday i saw something that makes no sense to me please explain. An intentional walk to a batter. its practice why?
southpaw Wrote:In practice yesterday i saw something that makes no sense to me please explain. An intentional walk to a batter. its practice why?

I'm confused.
Powell co was playing powell in a practice scrimmage. the #4 hitter came up to bat and the coach said to intentionally walk him. What i dont see is why do that in a practice.
southpaw Wrote:Powell co was playing powell in a practice scrimmage. the #4 hitter came up to bat and the coach said to intentionally walk him. What i dont see is why do that in a practice.
Unless you are a player or coach, it is none of your bussiness and you need to keep what Powell County does in practice to yourself. What a team does in practice shouldn't be exploited. If you go back to Powell County practices, just keep your eyes open and mouth shut.
Yea, thats pretty dumb......... Seeing as you go to practice, to actually practice. But they may have been trying to simulate an actual game, thus the intentional walk, seeing as that is a part of the game.
JustTrying Wrote:Unless you are a player or coach, it is none of your bussiness and you need to keep what Powell County does in practice to yourself. What a team does in practice shouldn't be exploited. If you go back to Powell County practices, just keep your eyes open and mouth shut.

Exploitation? Are you serious? Yeah, I can just see the coaches in the 14th gathered around southpaw talking in a hushed tone "omg did you here the news? Powell is intentionally walking their 4 hole hitter in practice! I guess we better do the same!"

:please:
the intentional walk was a simulation af a real game scenario. Every year powell has a five game scrimage series against there team and the coaches were seeing how the players could react to a pressure situation
southpaw Wrote:In practice yesterday i saw something that makes no sense to me please explain. An intentional walk to a batter. its practice why?

Now, this may seem a little crazy so be sitting down when you see this. It was a SCRIMMAGE against each other. Which is a game-like situation. And I guess the coach had a reason to walk him. Got it?