Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Small College Basketball
Does anyone want to discuss college basketball (leaving out UK and UofL? How about discussing Transylvania College's team and their winning their conference tournament? There are some good players on that team and I'd like to see if anybody cares.
Congrats to Tramsy!!!! Pikeville, Georgetown, and Cumberland are all having good years in the MSC.
Transy has a really good basketball program. Winning the Heartland Conference is a great accomplishment. But, academically they are ranked with the best as well. A degree from Transy will not be overlooked later in life--long after basketball.
Congrats to Transy for winning their conference! As far as small colleges here, for anyone that likes to cheer on mountain players, look no further than Alice Lloyd. A majority of their roster in mens and womens basketball come from the mountain regions. I would like to see ALC coach J.R. Hammond try to bring in Aaron Crum to Pippa Passes. I think he would do very well for them. Hopefully Hammond can build a great program at ALC.
Centre College also won their conference tournament. Centre and Transy are both in the D-III NCAA tournament, and if they both win their first games, they will be playing at Centre. Kris Bentley (Shelby Valley Alum) had 31 points, 8-14 from behind the arc, in the conference championship.
If we are considering DII basektball, you have to put NKU at the top. Top ten team for the Mens, #1 team for the Womens. The men spent some time at the season at the top of the rankings. They are healthy and poised at making a run in the tournament. The Women are looking to repeat as National Champions and their second in the last nine years.