Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vanderbilt 77 - Kentucky 64
This was an ugly game to watch. We really missed Patterson in the middle. Hope we play better Sat.
The only excuse for this game is simply Meeks cant do it all. Someone is going to have to step up, the scoring is going to have to be more balanced. To beat UK all you have to do is key in on Meeks, shut him down and UK is beat. Without Patterson anyone can drive and score, and the rebounding is gone.
Kentucky might be the most inconsistent team in the nation. Like someone said earlier Meeks cant do it all and without Patterson it made it twice as hard. Some other players need to step it up and try to score instead of looking for Meeks when they get the ball.
Kentucky is the most un-talented team in the nation. You take away Meeks and Patterson and I could be a superstar at UK. Enough said.
BCF4L Wrote:Kentucky is the most un-talented team in the nation. You take away Meeks and Patterson and I could be a superstar at UK. Enough said.

...and you are terrible TongueirateSho jk
NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Billy Gillispie said on Monday that the University of Kentucky basketball team has managed to mask its offensive shortcomings much of this season thanks to Jodie Meeks' superheroic shooting performances.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20090...1162/SPT01

With Patrick Patterson still sidelined by an ankle injury and Meeks missing shots - mostly contested ones - the Commodores pulled away to beat the Cats 77-64.

Jermaine Beal and Lance Goulbourne scored 17 points each to lead Vanderbilt (16-9, 5-6 Southeastern Conference), which had a 16-point lead with 7:52 left in the game.

Meeks led UK (18-8, 7-4) with 26 points, but made only 6 of 21 shots and scored 12 of his points after the Cats fell behind by 16......
BCF4L Wrote:Kentucky is the most un-talented team in the nation. You take away Meeks and Patterson and I could be a superstar at UK. Enough said.

If they leave after this year you and I should go walk on and play..lol
TheONLY1 Wrote:Stevenson isn't the key and if you think he is then you don't know what your talking about. He is so weak its pathetic. He just gets bullied around down low all game long. Then on offense he walks bout everytime, he can't catch anything, and he has a horrible touch. The keys to Uks success will be the point guard play, our outside shooting to keep everyone from camping out down low on patterson and I think If we want to win we have to start galloway at point. Liggins isn't ready and porter is a lost cause. Galloway is doing better then both of them and he should get the most minutes. Plus the officiating was why we lost this game.
I do believe Stevenson is a huge key to UK's success. I guess that puts us in an elite group.

AGREE 100% with you on that:lmao:
king360 Wrote:If they leave after this year you and I should go walk on and play..lol
Hey, I'm up for that. I would need to get in shape, but at least I can catch a ball unlike Perry Stevenson. At least I can shoot a ball unlike Michael Porter and Ramon Harris. I don't walk every possession like Perry. I don't try to be too fancy like DeAndre Liggins. And I sure as **** don't turn the ball over 25 times a game like Porter, Liggins, Harris, Stevenson, Miller, Galloway, Harrelson, etc. So, gimme a jersey and let's hit the court. TongueirateSho

In all seriousness, there is no reason why Landon Slone should not be getting playing time right now. At least he does possess a threat to score. He can knock down an open jumper and he can ball fake and pull up for a 15 footer. That is something no one else on Kentucky can do besides Meeks. The talk about Landon and defense is a moot point imo. ****, Ramon Harris is supposed to be the best defender on the team and he couldn't guard my computer when I leave work everyday. Kentucky is giving up nearly 70 PPG with their so called steifeling defense. There is none of that here and we'd be better off trying to outscore a team and we wouldn't be able to do that unless we got more scorers on the court.
UnderArmour24 Wrote:Kentucky might be the most inconsistent team in the nation.

I think they're very consistent... If Meeks/Patterson don't score 50, they lose.
DeuceUL Wrote:I think they're very consistent... If Meeks/Patterson don't score 50, they lose.

Wow.
DeuceUL Wrote:I think they're very consistent... If Meeks/Patterson don't score 50, they lose.

:zzz:
FBALL Wrote:I do believe Stevenson is a huge key to UK's success. I guess that puts us in an elite group.

:Thumbs: I don't think they understand your comment though
just like to say if you have 28 fouls called on you without your big man you're probably going to lose. did anyone see the elbow that ogilvy give to i think it was galloway and after the whistle and they didn't even kick him out. at least they called the tech! one of the most unconsistent reffed games i've ever seen. multiple time the watch vandy go up with it and if it rimmed out they would call a late foul then if anyone try to man up with ogilvy:eyeroll: the sweet whistling sounds start up. i do think UK played tough the whole game if they didn't the game would have been worse.