Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyd County 34 Greenup County 14
Final
Good win for Boyd. If Greenup beats LC next week and APB beats Boyd ( No problem ) then it will be a three way tie between GC, LC and BC for the last playoff spot. If Boyd and LC win then LC gets it. IF Boyd wins and Greenup wins then BC gets it. Not sure whom will win the tie breaker if they all three end up tied. I don't see it happening but you never know.
Way to go boyd! see ya next week!
In a 3 way tie, I would believe that BC would win the tie-breaker. The first tie-breaker is the number of wins by the opponents you have beaten (excluding the teams involved in the 3 way tie). Greenup would have only 1 win outside the 3 way tie so it would be safe to assume they would be out with either 6 or 7 wins by East Carter. Lawrence would have 2 wins outside the 3 way. A total of 11 wins by Sheldon Clark and Pike County Central. Boyd would win the tie-breaker. They have 4 wins outside the 3 way. They have beaten Bracken County (0), Sheldon Clark (7), Pike County Central (4), and Russell (9) for a total of 20 tie breaker points.
Thanks TC I thought they did it on number of wins but couldn't remember. Lawrence County just needs to win period and get in. Yet another reason why I think they should start a week later and either stop the bye week or eliminate another round of playoffs. No reason for any of the three to make it this year and LC shouldn't have the last two times.
I agree. I don't really want to eliminate a round of the playoffs because for superior teams it gives them a week of rest. Also, if you limit it to 2 teams per district, then a team like Madison Southern would be left out of the playoffs. Also, we wouldn't be able to talk about those big upsets such as when Boyd County went to Log Mountain in 2003 as a #4 seed and pulled out a victory.

I say get rid of the bye week. Most teams end up playing very poorly coming off of bye weeks.
I don't know I see reasons for keeping four teams in and reasons to change it down to just two teams. However I do think no matter what they need to stop the bye week and start a week later.
Agreed about the bye week and starting a week later. I just hate to limit it to 2 teams per district. That's what is so great in Kentucky. When playoffs start, almost everyone has a chance. That's why I hate the Ohio Harbin system. Colerain is ranked 15th nationally and is 9th in their district/area thingy the Harbin uses and is in severe danger of missing the playoffs. That is a disgrace.
The Harbin system sucks, It takes the excitement of the playoffs away. In the bluegrass, almost everyone has a chance. I have mixed feelings about the bye week, I like it because it gives time to heal and recollect, but on the other hand it breaks routine. I dont like it
nice win for boyd but i am rooting for LC to get in the playoffs