Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How would you rank them?
Below are a list of some of the top teams' in the state's in-state loses and in-state wins of teams in the top 25 (Litkenhous). How would YOU rank them?

Holmes
Loses (1)- Bryan Station by 14
Wins (5)- Scott Co by 5; Ballard by 13; Bryan Station by 19; Seneca by 11; Cov. Scott by 1 in OT

Scott County
Loses (1)- Holmes by 5
Wins (5) - Ballard by 20; GRC by 20; Mason Co by 7; Bryan Station by 27; Dunbar by 17

Elliott County
Loses (1)- Shelby Valley by 1
Wins (0)

Eastern
Loses (1)- Jeffersontown by 15
Wins (3)- Ballard by 7; Ballard by 3; Seneca by 8

Jeffersontown
Loses (2)- Madison Central by 1; Ballard by 4
Wins (2)- Lexington Catholic by 12; Eastern by 15

Ballard
Loses (4) - Scott Co by 20; Holmes by 3; Eastern by 7; Eastern by 3
Wins (4) - Seneca by 6; Seneca by 3; Jeffersontown by 4; Boone Co by 2

Mason County
Loses (4) - Highlands by 3; Franklin Co by 1; Scott County by 7; Lexington Catholic by 3;
Wins (2) - Cov Scott by 21; Madison Central by 15

Shelby Valley
Loses (1) - Knott County Central by 8
Wins (1) - Elliott County by 3
1) Holmes 2) Scott 3) Valley 4) Elliot 5) Eastern
If I remember correctly I believe Valley beat Eastern last year at a tourney in Louisville.
1. Holmes
2. Scott County
3. Jefferstown
4. Eastern
5. Ballard
6. Mason Co.
7. Shelby Valley
8. Elliott Co.

The top five teams have played each other or other teams in the top 25, so i have to put them at the top. We'll see how Mason Co. matches up in a few weeks when they play EC.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:1) Holmes 2) Scott 3) Valley 4) Elliot 5) Eastern
If I remember correctly I believe Valley beat Eastern last year at a tourney in Louisville.

I think that looks pretty decent
1 Scott County
2 Holmes
3 Eastern
4 Elliott County
5 Jeffersontown
6 Ballard
7 Shelby Valley
8 Mason County
1. Holmes- I think they are the best team right now.
2. Scott County - Ton of talent.
3. Shelby Valley- A great team with all the tools. Must shoot free throws better though.
4. Jeffersontown - Another good team.
5. Elliott County - Top five very good. However lacks depth and size.

That is the way I see it, I've seen three of those teams this year. Scott, SV and Elliott.
1. Holmes
2. Scott County
3. Eastern
4. Jeffersontown
5. Shelby Valley
6. Ballard
7. Elliott County
8. Mason County
FBALL Wrote:1 Scott County
2 Holmes
3 Eastern
4 Elliott County
5 Jeffersontown
6 Ballard
7 Shelby Valley
8 Mason County

Elliott in front of Valley, holy crap man, anyone ever tell you you're biased?
FBALL Wrote:1 Scott County
2 Holmes
3 Eastern
4 Elliott County
5 Jeffersontown
6 Ballard
7 Shelby Valley
8 Mason County

Wow Elliott gets beat but still ranked ahead and Shelby Valley remains idle after getting 4 wins in 42 hours...Check the bias.
1Holmes
2 Scott co
3 Eastern
4 Jeffersontown
5 Ballard
6 Shelby Valley
7 Elliott Co
8 Mason

Does this make you Valley fans Happy, But the season is still young I hope we meet again...
ky wildcats Wrote:1Holmes
2 Scott co
3 Eastern
4 Jeffersontown
5 Ballard
6 Shelby Valley
7 Elliott Co
8 Mason

Does this make you Valley fans Happy, But the season is still young I hope we meet again...

Being ahead doesn't make us happy, it makes it right.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Being ahead doesn't make us happy, it makes it right.

There is a lot of fun to be had on here, ha ha.
1.Holmes
2.Shelby Valley
3.Scott County
4.Elliott County
5.Eastern
6.Ballard
7.Jeffersontown
8.Mason Co.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Elliott in front of Valley, holy crap man, anyone ever tell you you're biased?
Yep.

People who have their own bias have.

Look at the season as a whole and I think it is logical to rank them that way.
Shelby Valley's loss to KCC came without Justice!
Elliott has 0 wins over top 20 teams. Shelby Valley has 1. I don't think you can rank either of these teams ahead of teams that have beaten multiple top 20 teams.
1. Holmes - One aborition of a loss to Bryan Station (which was avenged), coupled with wins over who some believe are the top teams in the two strongest regions in the state (Ballard and Scott Co.).

2. Scott Co. - Their loss to Holmes puts them behind them. Early season defest of Ballard may be a little inflated at 20 points. Strong wins over the 10th regions top teams (Mason Co. and GRC). They look really strong.

3. Eastern - Worst game of the season coupled with J'Towns best game equals out to a 15 point loss at J'Town. Th. Jackson also didn't play that game, giving J'Town more freedom for Cosby. Two gutsy wins over Ballard, and I don't care who you are its tough to beat a good team twice in 2 weeks.

4. Ballard - Losses to Eastern, Scott Co. and Holmes. Makes sense they should be ranked behind them doesn't it? Have to see them play to understand, the 7th region is too tough to go off of wins and losses. Scary team for J'Town and Eastern come regionals.

5. Jeffersontown - Loss to Ballard in the LIT was simply them being outplayed. Got Eastern on an off night to beat them, then went and lost to Madison Central. Not taking anything away from them, scrappy team with a lot of weapons. Just not sure they have the smarts...on the floor or the bench to beat teams like Holmes and Scott Co.

6. Shelby Valley - Beat Elliott Co. so how can they not be ranked above them?

7. Elliott Co - Good showing over Christmas, but haven't beaten a Top 20 team in the state. I like the 7 spot for them, definitely a great team, but still with some things to prove.
EasternAlum Wrote:1. Holmes - One aborition of a loss to Bryan Station (which was avenged), coupled with wins over who some believe are the top teams in the two strongest regions in the state (Ballard and Scott Co.).

2. Scott Co. - Their loss to Holmes puts them behind them. Early season defest of Ballard may be a little inflated at 20 points. Strong wins over the 10th regions top teams (Mason Co. and GRC). They look really strong.

3. Eastern - Worst game of the season coupled with J'Towns best game equals out to a 15 point loss at J'Town. Th. Jackson also didn't play that game, giving J'Town more freedom for Cosby. Two gutsy wins over Ballard, and I don't care who you are its tough to beat a good team twice in 2 weeks.

4. Ballard - Losses to Eastern, Scott Co. and Holmes. Makes sense they should be ranked behind them doesn't it? Have to see them play to understand, the 7th region is too tough to go off of wins and losses. Scary team for J'Town and Eastern come regionals.

5. Jeffersontown - Loss to Ballard in the LIT was simply them being outplayed. Got Eastern on an off night to beat them, then went and lost to Madison Central. Not taking anything away from them, scrappy team with a lot of weapons. Just not sure they have the smarts...on the floor or the bench to beat teams like Holmes and Scott Co.

6. Shelby Valley - Beat Elliott Co. so how can they not be ranked above them?

7. Elliott Co - Good showing over Christmas, but haven't beaten a Top 20 team in the state. I like the 7 spot for them, definitely a great team, but still with some things to prove.

Very solid breakdown :Thumbs: