Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Top Fantasy Players for 2009
These are my top picks for next year's http://www.yahoo.com fantasy team. I just wanted to make a preseason prediction.

Quarterbacks:
1) Drew Brees (New Orleans Saints)
2) Jay Cutler (Denver Broncos)
3) Donovan McNabb (Philadelphia Eagles)

(Matt Cassel would be a good second quarterback just in case he does start)

Running Backs:
1) Adrian Peterson (Minnesota Vikings)
2) DeAngelo Williams (Carolina Panthers)
3) Matt Forte (Chicago Bears)

Wide Receivers
1) Larry Fitzgerald (Arizona Cardinals)
2) Andre Johnson (Houston Texans)
3) Roddy White (Atlanta Falcons)
4) Steve Smith (Carolina Panthers)
5) Vincent Jackson (San Diego Chargers)

(I would put in Anquan Boldin in as #5, but he might go to another team instead of staying with the pass happy Cardinals)

Tight Ends:
1) Tony Gonzalez (Kansas City Chiefs)
2) Jason Witten (Dallas Cowboys)
3) Owen Daniels (Houston Texans)

Kickers:
1) David Akers (Philadelphia Eagles)
2) John Carney (New York Giants)
3) Phil Dawson (Cleveland Browns)

Defenses:
1) Baltimore Ravens
2) Pittsburgh Steelers
3) Minnesota Vikings
wheres Chris Johnson should be on this list somewhere.
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal
Rob Bironas gets so many points as a kicker because the titans kick so many field goals.
Looks pretty good, but I wouldn't forget about Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. Also, I'd rather have Andre Johnson over Fitzgerald anyday.
Spartan4Life Wrote:wheres Chris Johnson should be on this list somewhere.

I agree!
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I agree!

I don't know. Matt Forte is used pretty often, and besides the Tennessee Titans have LenDale White. I would probably put Chris Johnson as #4 and Brandon Jacobs as #5.

As for Tom Brady and Peyton Manning, I consider them too much of a risk for next year. Tom Brady because he was injured and might not even start for the first few games. For Peyton Manning, he has the MVP curse*.

*For those who don't know about the MVP curse, look at the MVP's of the last four years. Shawn Alexander, LaDanian Tomlinson, and Tom Brady.

Shawn Alexander - His next season, he was injured and at the end of the year, released from his team.
LaDanian Tomlinson - Injured at end of the year of his next season, and now there are rumors they might trade him.
Tom Brady - Injured the first game of the season and out the entire year.