Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boone Co. vs. Lou. Ballard on Wazoo 1/23
WazooSports.com is an online broadcasting channel for high school and small college sports, and is branching out into TV. Based in London, Ky., Wazoo mainly serves southeastern Kentucky and eastern Tennessee.

The games were organized by WazooSports.com as part of a 15-game event, which runs today through Saturday. There are girls' and boys' games, including the Boone County boys vs. Louisville Ballard on Friday at 7 p.m.

Jeff Sheppard, a former University of Kentucky basketball star and now WazooSports.com director of sales, will call the TV games with Fox19 sports anchor Brian Giesenschlag.

"We were contacted by Wazoo Sports.com and asked if we would be interested in carrying the games," said Rick Oliver, Fox19 director of programming and station operations. "Because of Holmes and Princeton both having traditions of being strong, we thought we'd bring those games to viewers."

http://nky.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...901220396/
I'll go with Ballard in this one. Good luck to both teams!
We know that Holmes is legit this year, and for much of the season it looked as if Boone was the clear-cut #2 and deserved to be ranked in the States top 25. Boone has been challenged and beated in the last couple of weeks, so this game goes a long ways in stating whether is Boone is as good as was we thought they were in NKY.

I expect Ballard to beat Boone, but if it's a blowout, then I will be the first to say they were over-rated and their is truly only one NKY team deserving of statewide recognition.