Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 58 - Phelps 44 All 'A'
Prestonsburg 9 9 18 22 58

Phelps 0 17 10 17 44

All 'A' Classic 15th Region Semifinal at East Ky. Expo Center
Prestonsburg (9-7) -- Stumbo 2, Patrick 20, Burchett 6, Tackett 12, Tincher 12, Hall 1.
Phelps (10-4) -- Steltner 4, Gannon 6, Hagger 6, Smith 12, Maynard 6, Campbell 6, Hopson 2, Sullivan 2.
Great defense tonight by the Blackcats on Stiltner. Great game by Steven Patrick. I called in the prediction if he had a good game, then the Blackcats would come out on top. He done exactly that and the Blackcats will face Shelby Valley Friday in the All-A championship game.

Congrats Blackcats!
awesome to see Patrick carry the scoring load tonight! congrats pburg on the win.
Congrats Pburg!!! Good game by Patrick.:thumpsup:
Good game Blackcats!
I thought this one might have been a little closer. Congrats Prestonsburg and good luck!!
Pburg seems to have multiple players that can put up good scoring numbers...
Patrick Has To Have A Fantastic Game Against Sv

For Prestonsbrg To Have A Chance. Stay Healthy

Both Teams.
I thought Prestonsburg played their best defensive game of the season tonight, while the offense started clicking once they went inside to Steven Patrick, who played a wonderful game. Cameron Tincher also played a magnificent game, by getting several steals, rebounds, and points. Tincher nearly had a two-handed slam, but a Phelps player made enough contact to alter him in the air to keep him from slamming it home.

IMO, for Burchett & Tackett to have good games, they have to run the offense through Patrick down low, because he has the moves of a guard, which really creates problems for his defenders and he can kick it back out if the shot isn't available down low.

Congrats Blackcats!
Congrats to the Blackcats and great game Patrick. Keep it up.
KEEP YOUR HEADS UP HORNETS!

You guys played a great tournament!

Congrats Prestonsburg, And GOOD LUCK With Valley!
I forgot to congratulate Tincher. Very well played game Cameron!
Congrats on the big win Blackcats!!!
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Great defense tonight by the Blackcats on Stiltner. Great game by Steven Patrick. I called in the prediction if he had a good game, then the Blackcats would come out on top. He done exactly that and the Blackcats will face Shelby Valley Friday in the All-A championship game.

Congrats Blackcats!

First off, congratulations P-burg on the win!! I would however like to comment on the underlined part of your statement. Granted, the defense was good on Stiltner BUT how can you justify it when Stiltner came out of the game 3 minutes into the 1st quarter and didn't return until after the half? So basically, he played 3 minutes give or take a little in the entire first half of the ballgame. If he isn't in the game, how can you use your defense on him? Don't get me wrong, Phelps had the chance, actually came back and had it a great game going into the half, but too many fouls and a lot of missed shots cost them this one. Stiltner wasn't in the game the first half (with the exception of a few minutes) therefore wasn't a "threat".

I'm not bashing on P-burg what so ever, as they played a great game and wanted this one!!

Keep your heads up Phelps.... concentrate on the next one!!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
phs1986 Wrote:First off, congratulations P-burg on the win!! I would however like to comment on the underlined part of your statement. Granted, the defense was good on Stiltner BUT how can you justify it when Stiltner came out of the game 3 minutes into the 1st quarter and didn't return until after the half? So basically, he played 3 minutes give or take a little in the entire first half of the ballgame. If he isn't in the game, how can you use your defense on him? Don't get me wrong, Phelps had the chance, actually came back and had it a great game going into the half, but too many fouls and a lot of missed shots cost them this one. Stiltner wasn't in the game the first half (with the exception of a few minutes) therefore wasn't a "threat".

I'm not bashing on P-burg what so ever, as they played a great game and wanted this one!!

The reason Stiltner came out of the game was for a injury. He looked to have turned his ankle and limped to the bench with about half the 1st quarter left. I didn't see any extra tape when he came out for the 2nd half but he still had a slight limp.
Stiltner was hurt I taped his ankle at halftime myself. .. as far as the game went p'burg played a good game.. phelps was not ready to play and they lost.. simple as that. congrats p'burg on a well played game. Phelps regroup and get ready for the rest of the season you guys have a good team just need to realize that and play.
Congrats Blackcats!!
oldtimer78 Wrote:Stiltner was hurt I taped his ankle at halftime myself. .. as far as the game went p'burg played a good game.. phelps was not ready to play and they lost.. simple as that.

Thanks OT78... Your post was direct and to the point! I like that!!!Big Grin

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
phs1986 Wrote:First off, congratulations P-burg on the win!! I would however like to comment on the underlined part of your statement. Granted, the defense was good on Stiltner BUT how can you justify it when Stiltner came out of the game 3 minutes into the 1st quarter and didn't return until after the half? So basically, he played 3 minutes give or take a little in the entire first half of the ballgame. If he isn't in the game, how can you use your defense on him? Don't get me wrong, Phelps had the chance, actually came back and had it a great game going into the half, but too many fouls and a lot of missed shots cost them this one. Stiltner wasn't in the game the first half (with the exception of a few minutes) therefore wasn't a "threat".

Well the defense on Stiltner was good while he was in the game. I'm sure that the injury affected him in the second half but he does it all for Phelps and I was just saying that the Blackcats played good defense on him.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I thought Prestonsburg played their best defensive game of the season tonight, while the offense started clicking once they went inside to Steven Patrick, who played a wonderful game. Cameron Tincher also played a magnificent game, by getting several steals, rebounds, and points. Tincher nearly had a two-handed slam, but a Phelps player made enough contact to alter him in the air to keep him from slamming it home.

IMO, for Burchett & Tackett to have good games, they have to run the offense through Patrick down low, because he has the moves of a guard, which really creates problems for his defenders and he can kick it back out if the shot isn't available down low.

Congrats Blackcats!

:lmao: he was no where near high enough to dunk it,contact or not
HORNET POWER Wrote::lmao: he was no where near high enough to dunk it,contact or not

Yeah, still being able to go way above the rim and get it two handed after contact isn't high enough.
HORNET POWER Wrote::lmao: he was no where near high enough to dunk it,contact or not

Even if he didn't get high enough, it didn't help Phelps win the game now did it?Wink

Even with the contact he still grabbed the rim with two-hands, but it doesn't matter now.

Best of luck to Phelps on the rest of the season.