Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The last 10 years in the 15th?
I have seen so much talent in the boys in the last ten years but so much less talent in the coaching staff for the 15th. Looks like the old time coaching staff does not want to give it up...go figure...to the new coaching styles, ideals, etc... I think it's time that these 70's & 80"s coaches give it a rest and let the new "boys" take on coaching. When you watch the "classic games" of 15-20 years ago and see the same coach giving an interview, that was just seen on last week's game, in 2008-2009 season, giving another interview about how the game plan is going to be so differnt, so great,...? but still his plays is not beter than years ago...and his team was blasted out of the water. Get real...there comes a time to just "give up and move on "... you are an out of date coach,, give the boys playing and the young, new ideal..., coach, a chance. Get over your ego...let someone else, new, with ideals have a chance. What can it hurt?
Well it appears that you are obviously directing your comments to a particular coach and team. Your post doesn't apply to most of the 15th Region, so why not just start a thread on the program you are speaking about?
EKY Sportster Wrote:Well it appears that you are obviously directing your comments to a particular coach and team. Your post doesn't apply to most of the 15th Region, so why not just start a thread on the program you are speaking about?
I'm not sure who he is talking about, but I know a coach the same way. He thinks the way he played in the 70's is the only way to go, but when you look at the scores and its not hard to see why.
UK Wildcat Wrote:I have seen so much talent in the boys in the last ten years but so much less talent in the coaching staff for the 15th. Looks like the old time coaching staff does not want to give it up...go figure...to the new coaching styles, ideals, etc... I think it's time that these 70's & 80"s coaches give it a rest and let the new "boys" take on coaching. When you watch the "classic games" of 15-20 years ago and see the same coach giving an interview, that was just seen on last week's game, in 2008-2009 season, giving another interview about how the game plan is going to be so differnt, so great,...? but still his plays is not beter than years ago...and his team was blasted out of the water. Get real...there comes a time to just "give up and move on "... you are an out of date coach,, give the boys playing and the young, new ideal..., coach, a chance. Get over your ego...let someone else, new, with ideals have a chance. What can it hurt?

i know what coach and team u are directing this towards. its really none of your business who coaches who. and it really doesn't matter who u think should be allowed to coach. when u become the owner of all 15th region basketball teams, then u can decide who coaches and who doesn't. Beside, do u ever think they love basketball so much that they don't want to give it up?
the 15th is always entertaining in its own way, even when you know what to expect
^^^ I agree
UK Wildcat Wrote:I have seen so much talent in the boys in the last ten years but so much less talent in the coaching staff for the 15th. Looks like the old time coaching staff does not want to give it up...go figure...to the new coaching styles, ideals, etc... I think it's time that these 70's & 80"s coaches give it a rest and let the new "boys" take on coaching. When you watch the "classic games" of 15-20 years ago and see the same coach giving an interview, that was just seen on last week's game, in 2008-2009 season, giving another interview about how the game plan is going to be so differnt, so great,...? but still his plays is not beter than years ago...and his team was blasted out of the water. Get real...there comes a time to just "give up and move on "... you are an out of date coach,, give the boys playing and the young, new ideal..., coach, a chance. Get over your ego...let someone else, new, with ideals have a chance. What can it hurt?
So, last season when BMR retired, are you saying he wasnt a good enough of a coach to have coached last season, or the year before that, or 5 years go? So why dont you just say who you are talking about and not lump all coaches into one group because you have a grudge against one.
I Think Coach Newsome At Betsy Layne & Coach Pack At P-burg Might Prove Uk Wildcat Wrong, Look At What They Have Done This Year.yes You've Got To Have Talent But Basketball Is A Team Sport And Some Don't Play Well With Other's,imo The Run & Gun Has Taken Over Hi School Bball.
I'm Glad To See The Old School Team Bball Make A Come Back.
NIGHTRIDER Wrote:I Think Coach Newsome At Betsy Layne & Coach Pack At P-burg Might Prove Uk Wildcat Wrong, Look At What They Have Done This Year.yes You've Got To Have Talent But Basketball Is A Team Sport And Some Don't Play Well With Other's,imo The Run & Gun Has Taken Over Hi School Bball.

I agree Newsome and Pack are old coaches that have made an immediate impact on their teams. Not all coaches are bad because they have been around a long time. What makes a good coach is not his age at all or time at a school or schools, it is what they can get out of their kids. A good coach can take an average team and make them competitive by years end. It is easy to coach a great team but great coaches make good teams. Besides another 58th team had an old coach fired that won back to back district titles for a newer younger coach and what has that done for them initially? Hopefully things work out for them in the end.
NIGHTRIDER Wrote:I Think Coach Newsome At Betsy Layne & Coach Pack At P-burg Might Prove Uk Wildcat Wrong, Look At What They Have Done This Year.yes You've Got To Have Talent But Basketball Is A Team Sport And Some Don't Play Well With Other's,imo The Run & Gun Has Taken Over Hi School Bball.

Very true. These two coach's have greatly improved their teams with the run-n'-gun style this year.
the real player44 Wrote:i know what coach and team u are directing this towards. its really none of your business who coaches who. and it really doesn't matter who u think should be allowed to coach. when u become the owner of all 15th region basketball teams, then u can decide who coaches and who doesn't. Beside, do u ever think they love basketball so much that they don't want to give it up?

Guess i should not have limited it to just the 15th. No you have no ideal because i am not directing this at any one team or coach. I have been watching replays of the classics and just seem to hear the same speech from some of the same coach(s).

How could this ever be directed at BMR after last year's job?

Please people i did not start this to talk bad about any one certain person or team, just saying that I think there needs to be some new styles and ideals introduced and i think it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks...
hmm it sounds like to me someone is mad because they didnt make the team or dont get the PT they THINK they deserce.hmmConfusedhh:
I know Barry "Delmar" Hall is still stylin & profilin, living large, & steppin high at SFHS Big Grin I’ve never seen a coach any age or anywhere that has the rapport with kids he does. Just my opinion! Plus when he paintballs he can still climb hills like a squirrel climbs trees Smile

Most people throughout the region know him as Barry, but those close to him actually call him “Delmar” Wink
The Sniper Wrote:I know Barry "Delmar" Hall is still stylin & profilin, living large, & steppin high at SFHS Big Grin I’ve never seen a coach any age or anywhere that has the rapport with kids he does. Just my opinion! Plus when he paintballs he can still climb hills like a squirrel climbs trees Smile

Most people throughout the region know him as Barry, but those close to him actually call him “Delmar” Wink

Doggy...Big Grin
UK Wildcat Wrote:Guess i should not have limited it to just the 15th. No you have no ideal because i am not directing this at any one team or coach. I have been watching replays of the classics and just seem to hear the same speech from some of the same coach(s).

Please people i did not start this to talk bad about any one certain person or team, just saying that I think there needs to be some new styles and ideals introduced and i think it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks...

i wasnt talking about BMR. i was referring to caoch newsome and coach pack
UK Wildcat Wrote:Guess i should not have limited it to just the 15th. No you have no ideal because i am not directing this at any one team or coach. I have been watching replays of the classics and just seem to hear the same speech from some of the same coach(s).

I didnt say it was directed to BMR. I was just saying that last year he fit into the category of the first thread. Last year would you have said it was time for him to step down and let the younger generation take over? I was just trying to figure out if you had one person in mind or all coaches that have coached for many years.
Raider_Nation09 Wrote:hmm it sounds like to me someone is mad because they didnt make the team or dont get the PT they THINK they deserce.hmmConfusedhh:

LOL...my playing time was looooong ago.

But honestly this was not directed at any one person or school. Guess i have been watching to many classic and recent games on tv on my days off.