Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phelps vs. Prestonsburg 1/20
All A Classic Semi Final Game.
Thoughts and Predictions?
pburg by a field goal
P-Burg by 14 or less...

Inside game for P-burg will be too much.
This should be a pretty good matchup. I will go with Prestonsburg by 10. They had a sluggish game tonight but I think Sheldon Clark's comeback woke up the Blackcats and they will be ready to play Tuesday night!

Good luck to both teams!
hornets by 5 GO HORNETS:flame: the blackcats
I'm going to take Pburg by 10 or more Forward Seth Setser will be back which will give them a big advantage down low.
It will be a good game, but the Hornets better come to play.
Prestonsburg should be able to win this one by 10 or so, because of the advantage down low with Patrick, Setser, and Tincher. Hopefully the Pburg guards will get the ball to Patrick down low because I don't think their is anyone on Phelps team that can contend with him, also, I hope the defense plays better this game also.

Best of luck to both... Go Blackcats!
After seeing what Prestonburg did their last game, I go with Prestonburg by 12
Phelps; They can pull out this win if they all play together!
Anyone know what time this game is to begin? Any thoughts?
Pburg by 10. Go Cats!
I think this will be a very good game with Pburg winnning by 5. I look for Burchett to respond from a bad night against SC with a solid performance in this one.
I hope Phelps wins so that it could be an "upset", just because everyone's going with Prestonsburg.

Go Hornets!
Game time is 8pm.
Colonel Kill Wrote:I think this will be a very good game with Pburg winnning by 5. I look for Burchett to respond from a bad night against SC with a solid performance in this one.

I disagree. Burchett only attempted 2 shots in the SC game and did exactly what a point guard should do, especially when the opponent is playing the box and 1 defense like SC was on him, and that is give the ball to your teammates for open shots and easy baskets and that's exactly what he did as he finished with 12 assists.

That's what makes Michael one of the better players in the region.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I disagree. Burchett only attempted 2 shots in the SC game and did exactly what a point guard should do, especially when the opponent is playing the box and 1 defense like SC was on him, and that is give the ball to your teammates for open shots and easy baskets and that's exactly what he did as he finished with 12 assists.

That's what makes Michael one of the better players in the region.

First I agree that Burchett is one of the better players in this region and if you look at my prediction before this game, I said I thought Burchett and Tackett was too much for SC to handle. But SC did what they had to do with Burchett, yes he got 12 assist and that is great that he was looking to get his teamates involved when his shot were not there. But his shots were not there because SC set out to take the ball out of his hands and make others beat them in which Pburg did.

I meant I though he was going to come back in the Phelps game with a big scoring night after having an off night on the scoring side of things against SC. I think Burchett or Tackett have to be a scoring leader for Pburg to win most games.
Colonel Kill Wrote:First I agree that Burchett is one of the better players in this region and if you look at my prediction before this game, I said I thought Burchett and Tackett was too much for SC to handle. But SC did what they had to do with Burchett, yes he got 12 assist and that is great that he was looking to get his teamates involved when his shot were not there. But his shots were not there because SC set out to take the ball out of his hands and make others beat them in which Pburg did.

I meant I though he was going to come back in the Phelps game with a big scoring night after having an off night on the scoring side of things against SC. I think Burchett or Tackett have to be a scoring leader for Pburg to win most games.

I understand what your saying. I just don't think he was having an off night because Sheldon Clark done an excellent job at defending him.

I agree with your statement that Burchett and Tackett will have to lead the team in scoring, but Prestonsburg also has a very underrated player on their team in Steven Patrick, who can penetrate and finish at the rim. A lot of players his height will have problems guarding him, I just think he should get more touches.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I understand what your saying. I just don't think he was having an off night because Sheldon Clark done an excellent job at defending him.

I agree with your statement that Burchett and Tackett will have to lead the team in scoring, but Prestonsburg also has a very underrated player on their team in Steven Patrick, who can penetrate and finish at the rim. A lot of players his height will have problems guarding him, I just think he should get more touches.

I agree I think SC done an outstanding job on him but he did do what a great player does and find open teamates. I also agree Patrick is underrated. He has come a long way in the past couple of years and has responded well under Coach Pack. I always thought he just needed floor time and a boost of confidence to be a very solid player, that something he did not get last year.
Colonel Kill Wrote:I agree I think SC done an outstanding job on him but he did do what a great player does and find open teamates. I also agree Patrick is underrated. He has come a long way in the past couple of years and has responded well under Coach Pack. I always thought he just needed floor time and a boost of confidence to be a very solid player, that something he did not get last year.

Yeah, Steven should have received a ton of playing time last season.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I understand what your saying. I just don't think he was having an off night because Sheldon Clark done an excellent job at defending him.

Prestonsburg could win a lot more games and be a lot more affective on offense if the offense was generated by Steven getting touches on every possession. He has some pretty nice post moves and a decent jump shot from 10-15 feet out. He has improved very much as then season has went along and I think he will only continue to get better.

Steven will be a big factor in the game tomorrow night IMO. I think if he has a good game and gets the touches he needs to produce on offense, then Prestonsburg will win the game. If not, I think it will be very tough to win for the Blackcats. Not saying it won't be tough anyway, but I'm saying that the Blackcats have a great shot at winning if Steven is used properly in the offense.
Whoever fixed the title of this thread, thank you so much.
It was killing me!
It was my mistake lol.

Well, we'll all see tomorrow who wins!
Going to be an exciting game!
After watching both teams play, I will go with Prestonsburg in this game. It will be a close game...only a few points difference.
Phelps started the season well

Prestonsburg played pretty steady all year

I view the game as a toss-up.
Updates?