Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What does everything think abour Prop. 20?
That would essentially seperate the public and private schools for playoff purposes?

I'll let some others talk before I do.
I think is they were to seperate it would kinda even the odds. Yes some public schools are consistanly in the run for a title. But i feel that if it were all seperated then that would give the smaller schools a better chance. A kid will run to a team like Sait X or Danville because he knows those teams will probably have a title, but there could be 2 different titles that kid could go to a school thats closer to where he lives. But this is comming from someone whos team got stomped by a private school back in the day
While there is no doubt that private schools have a advantage over public schools I dont lik Prop 20 and I think it would a huge mistake by the KHSAA to sepreate private and public schools in KY. The private schools will only make the public schools better IMO because they will have to get better to compete with the private powerhouses and KY doesn't have that many private schools so I say keep it the way that it is...in other words if it isnt broke dont fix it.
How exactly is the format going to be in the playoffs if Prop 20 does pass?
Same as it is. Just public schools would have their own.

I don't see the Privates staying in the KHSAA if it passes, so their playoss would be irrelevant.

But their are 14 private schools playing football, so divide that into 4 classes, see how great of a playoff you get.
I didn't realize there were that few private schools playing football. If there were enough private schools to actually make a good playoff, I would say split them and then have the public and private champs of each class meet each other. But in the case that there are only 14 football playing private schools, keep it the way it is now.
Not enough schools to justify splitting the two. I do wish something could be done to level the playing field but this just isn't it.

Maybe someone will come up with a solution.
What do you think about the proposed 20 mile radius rule? Does it do anything?