Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BluegrassRivals.com Boys Basketball Top 20 (Jan. 12)
BGR's Boys Basketball Top 20 1/12

1. Holmes
2. Scott County
3. Elliott County
(T) Bryan Station
5. Jeffersontown
6. Eastern
7. Ballard
8. Madison Central
9. Lexington Catholic
10. Mason County
11. Franklin County
12. Boone County
13. Male
(T) Paul Dunbar
(T) Clark County
16. Anderson County
17. Trinity
18. Highlands
(T) Christian County
20. Corbin
I'm inclined to put Madison Central ahead of J-Town and Eastern. In their last nine games they are 7-2, losing to Scott Co and Bryan Station. But wins over Highlands and in their last game, J-Town. The rest looks pretty solid.
Madison Central has been impressive this year. Eastern, Jeffersontown, Madison Central and Ballard are pretty close and almost interchangable in the 5-8 slots IMO.
FBALL Wrote:Madison Central has been impressive this year. Eastern, Jeffersontown, Madison Central and Ballard are pretty close and almost interchangable in the 5-8 slots IMO.

I will agree with you there.
Are those twins still there for Elliott County???
chudson Wrote:Are those twins still there for Elliott County???
Yes.
I think these rankings look pretty good for the most part.

Also, in case anyone is curious, Shelby Valley was just outside the rankings, landing at #21. In my opinion, when fully healthy SV is easily a top 10 team, but they have been slogging along while Justice recovers from his injury. Right now, they don't deserve to be in the top 20, but once they show that they are back to their old selves by beating some good competition, I'm sure they will be back up there.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I think these rankings look pretty good for the most part.

Also, in case anyone is curious, Shelby Valley was just outside the rankings, landing at #21. In my opinion, when fully healthy SV is easily a top 10 team, but they have been slogging along while Justice recovers from his injury. Right now, they don't deserve to be in the top 20, but once they show that they are back to their old selves by beating some good competition, I'm sure they will be back up there.

Shelby Valley 103

Pike Cty Ctrl 56

Looks like SV is back on track, some teams don't score 47 pts, the margin of victory last night. They are back on track, look out Betsy Layne in their next game. SV by 25 this time. Elisha might pull a "Meeks" on them, welllllll,maybe not 54,I will take 34 and be quiet, ha ha. Go Wildcats
dortonite Wrote:Shelby Valley 103

Pike Cty Ctrl 56

Looks like SV is back on track, some teams don't score 47 pts, the margin of victory last night. They are back on track, look out Betsy Layne in their next game. SV by 25 this time. Elisha might pull a "Meeks" on them, welllllll,maybe not 54,I will take 34 and be quiet, ha ha. Go Wildcats

Trust me, I was fully aware of that score when I made that post. It doesn't change what I wrote at all.

I said they will likely move back into the rankings when they beat some good competition. Pike Central doesn't qualify, at least not this year.

I will grant that last night's game was a good sign that hopefully they are back on track. But beating Pike Central by 47 is what SV should be expected to do, not anything to toot the horn about.

Once they play and beat some better competition like they should, then they'll get moved up. A good start would be to win all their games in the 15th All-A, and win them all comfortably.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Shelby Valley 71

Betsy Layne 36

I was so wrong on my prediction of margin of victory, and since at least 10

of BGR's top 20 have lost this week and we have to win comfortably to get

recognized, leave SV off your polls, everyone else in the country will have

them listed.
dortonite Wrote:Shelby Valley 71

Betsy Layne 36

I was so wrong on my prediction of margin of victory, and since at least 10

of BGR's top 20 have lost this week and we have to win comfortably to get

recognized, leave SV off your polls, everyone else in the country will have

them listed.

I will say the same thing I said to you about beating Pike Central: this is not a win to toot the horn about, no matter how much you might make it out to be. When everyone is healthy, SV is a far superior team to everyone else in the 15th region. Now that Elisha is apparently back to his old self, they should be expected to beat Betsy Layne by a large margin.

Maybe you have not been following SV basketball for very long, but I have, and I will tell you that SV fans should never throw a party after beating Betsy Layne. Not to put down the Bobcats, they are a solid team and one of the top 4-5 in the region, but they aren't on the same level as Valley. As a fan, I guess I just have higher expectations for them.

Now, I would think there will be a good chance that SV will move back into the statewide poll next week, but if so it won't be because they beat Pike Central and Betsy Layne. It'll be because they finally seem to be getting healthy and consequently returning to the level of play we all saw in early December. And that is the team that should win the region with ease and have a chance to win some games at state.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]