Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
your opinion on ron blume
blackcat_student Wrote:I think he is a fast back and he has the old pburg player shawn ousley at center blocking for him and the other BIG linemen.

Blume is sure fast and with Ousley in front of him as center I believe he is well protected. A coach couldn't hand pick a team any better than the team Matney has now in my opinion. :#1: Good Luck JC
JCRunningMachine#17 Wrote:Blume is 5"8 170. Tomcat68, he didn't sit out because of his injured ankle, he sat out because JC had the win locked up. He only played special teams after the end of the first quarter. And he hasn't received any offers yet. Just a week ago he got into the NCAA Clearing House so really still waiting for full authorization!
Hey there Running Machine! Make these folks eat crow come tomorrow morning! Show them who #17 is, and why you are the BEST! Not that I am biased or anything!
Love ya! We'll see ya tonight!
he is a great matney style runner maybe d1 but i havent seen him play but probably naia
Blume is quick and fast but he doesn't have the strength or size to run the ball in D1
I agree with tiger fan, Blume can take the ball down the field if you give him a gap but he really has no strength to run people over that you are normally asoiciated with but he can lower his head and sometimes surprise you. But I am honored tho to see this young man play beucase when is it that neky gets a good RB like him.
Yea it shocked me that Dough Howard didnt go to a bigger devision school. Pikville is a good college but i could have seen him playing college ball in a bigh school and getting playing time if he went that rought, look at Jones hes doing great for U.K.
blume best back in the mountains no doubt
Blume is a **** good RB. I'm a firm believer that it's not the size of the dog in the fight but, it's the size of the fight in the dog!
Blume is very quick and agile, with little size, let him in an open field (it takes him little time to get there) and add six to jc's score. I hope the best for him, he definatly deserves it.
Elm street Wrote:Blume is very quick and agile, with little size, let him in an open field (it takes him little time to get there) and add six to jc's score. I hope the best for him, he definatly deserves it.

:thumb: Is he still the leading rusher in the state?
I'd say he is QQ. He was 180 and 190 yards ahead of the #2 and #3 rushers respectively. He still had 109 yards against Ashland so unless either Wayne Stevens of Rowan or Bobby Owens of Knott County Central had a 300 yard game, he should still be leading the state.
I had no idea he is the leading rusher in the state! congrats to him.
TERMINATOR X Wrote:Blume is a **** good RB. I'm a firm believer that it's not the size of the dog in the fight but, it's the size of the fight in the dog!

Maybe so. But i don't think colleges recruit on the fact that someone has the want and will to win.. Maybe some.. but.. size has a lot to do with it..
crazytaxidriver Wrote:Maybe so. But i don't think colleges recruit on the fact that someone has the want and will to win.. Maybe some.. but.. size has a lot to do with it..

True someone told me that with his size and weight that D-1's would have a field day with him. ( nothing towards blume)
Blume is a great runningback
Speedster#17Aunt Wrote:Hey there Running Machine! Make these folks eat crow come tomorrow morning! Show them who #17 is, and why you are the BEST! Not that I am biased or anything!
Love ya! We'll see ya tonight!

Maybe this is just my opinion, but if I were Ron Blume the above post would be really embarassing, Aunt B.:AngelPray
Blume is pretty good, he's definitely NOT D-1 potential. He would be a good player for Morehead or G-Town. Its a good thing he doesnt play Ashland every week. Smile
AT41 Wrote:Blume is pretty good, he's definitely NOT D-1 potential. He would be a good player for Morehead or G-Town. Its a good thing he doesnt play Ashland every week. Smile

very true i think if morehead took him they would see some wins. TongueoliceLig