Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard 69 - Allen Central 25
I think this is the final score 69-25 in favor of the dawgs. Hazard has Knott Central and Allen central gets Johnson Central.
Pretty lopsided game
The only real positive from this game was the announcers on the Live Web Stream from WYMT. They handled their business. R. Martin and J. Archer did a real nice job. If not for their work, this game would have been brutal to stay online for. Hazard looks to be a "tough out". I think that is how R. Martin put it and he has seen all the teams play both before and during the tourney.
Wow! I know there has been some problems going on with AC, but what happened here? Can anyone give some insight?
Congrats HHS and Coach Holland on tying Bobby Keith record for most wins in the WYMT tourney!
This is not AC basketball, I just hope something is done before this gets too far, talking bout the basketball program. I don't know what to say, too much pride and tradition there to be losing games like this.
Warriors23RJ Wrote:This is not AC basketball, I just hope something is done before this gets too far, talking bout the basketball program. I don't know what to say, too much pride and tradition there to be losing games like this.

I am not sure I understand this post. I am just not sure what can be done at this juncture of the season to make the outcomes of ballgames much different. I guess what confuses me about your post is the "before it gets too far" part. The meat and potatoes part of the season is already here for High School basketball. The All A is just around the corner and then it is tourney time. Not to many games outside of District and tourney competition left for High School Bball teams. It is over used in sports, but like Bellichek of the the Patriots would say..."It is what it is".
Hazard came out playing their tight defense and it simply was too much for Allen Central. At the end of the first quarter the score was 22 - 5 and half was 40 - 11. Coach Holland substituted freely and played the JV as well as several 8th graders through most of the second half or heaven only knows what the score would have been. Eric Back also made his first appearahce as a Bulldog and did a fine job working with both Josh Whitaker and Josh Kidd. Also, Justin Jones didn't play tonight apparently due to having a virus. I wish Allen Central much luck in their future and hope the dogs can keep up the great teamwork for the rest of the season, as well!

Go Bulldogs!!
Johnny Tyler Mad Cap Wrote:I am not sure I understand this post. I am just not sure what can be done at this juncture of the season to make the outcomes of ballgames much different. I guess what confuses me about your post is the "before it gets too far" part. The meat and potatoes part of the season is already here for High School basketball. The All A is just around the corner and then it is tourney time. Not to many games outside of District and tourney competition left for High School Bball teams. It is over used in sports, but like Bellichek of the the Patriots would say..."It is what it is".
I was meaning that I hope the program dosen't hit rock bottom in 1,2, or 3 years down the road. Its headed in that direction. Hopefully not though, but like you said "It is what it is." So I'll not comment any furter.
CONGRATS BULLDOGS!!!!
Easy Win for HHS...i believe they will beat KCC tomorrow by a +5 margin..it will be a good game to watch..
Warriors23RJ Wrote:I was meaning that I hope the program dosen't hit rock bottom in 1,2, or 3 years down the road. Its headed in that direction. Hopefully not though, but like you said "It is what it is." So I'll not comment any furter.

I think the program will be fine for the next few years...this is giving the freshman and sophmores playing time...which is giving them a head start on other schools that freshman and sophmores are just playing freshman and jv ball..
Congrats and good luck dawgs!!
congrats to the dawgs.i beleive they eill win it all
Hazard has held teams to 25 points the last two games. that could be some sort of record.
Why was WYMT unable to get teams like SV, South Laurel and Corbin into the tournament? I don't mean to disrespect AC here, but a WYMT tournament game should never result in this type of mismatch. It demeans the whole tournament when something like that happens. I understand that this tournament has always been about Clay Co. and the 14th region, but if WYMT really wants to put out the best tournament possible, they need to find a way to get the best teams in it.

Imagine this tournament if you had the 4 14th region teams that are in plus Clay, Shelby Valley, South Laurel and Corbin. That is a line-up that could compete with any tournament in the state, especially this season.
worker1 Wrote:Why was WYMT unable to get teams like SV, South Laurel and Corbin into the tournament? I don't mean to disrespect AC here, but a WYMT tournament game should never result in this type of mismatch. It demeans the whole tournament when something like that happens. I understand that this tournament has always been about Clay Co. and the 14th region, but if WYMT really wants to put out the best tournament possible, they need to find a way to get the best teams in it.

Imagine this tournament if you had the 4 14th region teams that are in plus Clay, Shelby Valley, South Laurel and Corbin. That is a line-up that could compete with any tournament in the state, especially this season.

We've had this discussion on here before and if I'm wrong, hopefully someone "in the know" will tell us...But I believe that all schools in the WYMT viewing area are offered the chance to apply for placement in the tournament. Usually the tournament field is announced around May? Looking at the selection of Allen Central on paper back last May, it didn't seem like a bad idea. 3 starters returning from back-to-back district title teams (one of those teams finished in the 15th Region semifinals and All "A" Finals), you had Johnny Martin and stability in the program. At the time of the decision, I can't fault WYMT's selection all things considered.

Did Shelby Valley apply or did they want to travel to Florida and Laurel County? They've been in the YMT before. I don't know? What about Corbin or South Laurel? Did they apply for the tournament?
Congratulations bulldogs!
worker1 Wrote:Why was WYMT unable to get teams like SV, South Laurel and Corbin into the tournament? I don't mean to disrespect AC here, but a WYMT tournament game should never result in this type of mismatch. It demeans the whole tournament when something like that happens. I understand that this tournament has always been about Clay Co. and the 14th region, but if WYMT really wants to put out the best tournament possible, they need to find a way to get the best teams in it.

There are reason why certain teams choose not to participate. The main reason is that in the KHSAA you can only play 24 regular season games and you can play in two tourneys that can count as only one game. Some teams choose to play in other tourneys for whatever reason instead of playing in the WYMT. Say for instance SV decided to play in the WYMT after playing in two other tourneys then the three games they play would count off of the 22 they would have had left for the season after the other two tourneys. Then you take in to consideration that when they play in the ALL A that all of those games count against your total because the KHSAA does not recognize the ALL A as their tourney so every game you play also comes off of the 24 total for the season.
Are the Crowder boys playing for AC this year?
Why was AC chosen to play in this Classic?
SportsKing Wrote:Are the Crowder boys playing for AC this year?

Not anymore
Hazard has a great basketball team.
Warriors23RJ Wrote:I was meaning that I hope the program dosen't hit rock bottom in 1,2, or 3 years down the road. Its headed in that direction. Hopefully not though, but like you said "It is what it is." So I'll not comment any furter.

It has already hit rock bottom. How worse can you get? AC has lost their last few games by 40 or more and I don't see any wins in the future.
uk96 Wrote:Hazard has held teams to 25 points the last two games. that could be some sort of record.
Not taking anything from the Dawgs, they are a great team, but ever team holds AC to 25.
I wish the WYMT officials would broaden the tournament to include some mountain schools outside their viewing area. Make it a true mountain tournament. That way teams like Elliott County, Ashland, or Wayne County could play in it also. They would have more to choose from and make it a much better tournament, with less of these type blowouts.
Familiar Score :o