Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott Central 59 - Cordia 51
sassy Wrote:light my ***, he practices them like a regular practice. Ain't nothin light about it. And I'm not makin any excuse for them or the tough time they are havin right now, just that some of them are gettin burned out. They wanna do other things outside of basketball and it is virtually impossible for them to do so.

if they are tired of basketball, why don't they quit? practices are part of it, you know, it is not all fun and games, there is alot of work involved in it
Golden Nugget Wrote:Knott was without Stamper and Cox was about 50%(sick and had to leave the game in the 4th), and Head Coach Amburgey was not there. Knott had around a 20 point lead in the first half and let it slip away. They sure missed Stampers scoring though, because when Cox got tired it seemed no one else wanted to shoot. It will probably be a blowout the next time they meet if Knott is healthy. Cordia does play hard, you have to give them that and are well coached.The Everage kid really kept them in the game. Knott is not playing well at this point. If they were playing JBS or Letcher tonight, they lose. But hey, a win is a win I guess.

i remember when jordan had the flu in the playoffs. he dropped 50 or 60. players have to learn to be tough and play thru sickness, stop making excuses people, kcc won, get over it.
sassy Wrote:light my ***, he practices them like a regular practice. Ain't nothin light about it. And I'm not makin any excuse for them or the tough time they are havin right now, just that some of them are gettin burned out. They wanna do other things outside of basketball and it is virtually impossible for them to do so.

In every loss or close win you do in fact have an excuse. I have to say that KCC has a major disadvantage in coaching when compared to Hazard, PCC, and LCC. However, practicing is not a disadvantage. In order to be the best, you have to live, breathe, and sleep basketball. Sacrifices have to be made. On the other hand, they can be an average team, practice little and enjoy their leisure time. If they are getting burned out, that is bad news. Trust me, those extra practices and miles ran pay off in the long run. They may be difficult and questionable at the time, but making those trips to Rupp made it all well worth it.
KCC won , with all their hurt ankes and viruses so they don't have to make excuses. A win is a win
roundball_legend Wrote:In every loss or close win you do in fact have an excuse. I have to say that KCC has a major disadvantage in coaching when compared to Hazard, PCC, and LCC. .

Better be careful getting on here and talking about their coach, KillerB will PM you and want to meet and talk about it. Rolleyes Just thought I would warn you.

It is usually the same ole story though, when they win big they are the greatest team ever, when they barely win or get beat, there is a million excuses, but it's not only them, it's everyone when talking about their favorite teams. Guess you have to just deal with it I guess.
Well by now everyone who posts knows I have a bad temper, and you know what. I could bite nails in two right now, but I'm so tired of explaining every post that I put on here. I will tell you all one more time... I am not making excuses for KCC I am simply givin my opinion about the coach. I like the coach at KCC and I am glad we beat Cordia, even tho isn't wasn't deserved. But I do hate that my child can not do anything other than basketball, don't get me wrong, I love that he is playing and I love the game. I just think they practice too much. Not an excuse for their playing bad, just my op. I would like to say that Cordia did a very good job too, they came back from 17 pts down and I think they played hard and showed a lot of heart. But I wish some of you ppl who read my posts would stop and think about what I'm sayin before you get on here and start runnin your mouths. That's all I will say, because the more I think about it, the more ****ed I get.
sassy Wrote:Well by now everyone who posts knows I have a bad temper, and you know what. I could bite nails in two right now, but I'm so tired of explaining every post that I put on here. I will tell you all one more time... I am not making excuses for KCC I am simply givin my opinion about the coach. I like the coach at KCC and I am glad we beat Cordia, even tho isn't wasn't deserved. But I do hate that my child can not do anything other than basketball, don't get me wrong, I love that he is playing and I love the game. I just think they practice too much. Not an excuse for their playing bad, just my op. I would like to say that Cordia did a very good job too, they came back from 17 pts down and I think they played hard and showed a lot of heart. But I wish some of you ppl who read my posts would stop and think about what I'm sayin before you get on here and start runnin your mouths. That's all I will say, because the more I think about it, the more ****ed I get.
You think practices are bad now, wait and see what happens if he has the good fortune of playing at the next level. Conditioning at 5 or 6 in the morning, classes all day, then practice in the evening. Most of the time, mandatory study hall, then homework on your own. Even before basketball season officially starts and after it is over, you still practice and play. If they cant cut it in high school with their practices, I would suggest them not even trying to play college ball.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:You think practices are bad now, wait and see what happens if he has the good fortune of playing at the next level. Conditioning at 5 or 6 in the morning, classes all day, then practice in the evening. Most of the time, mandatory study hall, then homework on your own. Even before basketball season officially starts and after it is over, you still practice and play. If they cant cut it in high school with their practices, I would suggest them not even trying to play college ball.

He doesn't want to play college ball.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Better be careful getting on here and talking about their coach, KillerB will PM you and want to meet and talk about it. Rolleyes Just thought I would warn you.

It is usually the same ole story though, when they win big they are the greatest team ever, when they barely win or get beat, there is a million excuses, but it's not only them, it's everyone when talking about their favorite teams. Guess you have to just deal with it I guess.

LOL! Those who know the game aren't the ones who make excuses.... We know the Pats will be ok.....just going thru a bump in the road but it's getting smoother......

Guru you'll have to join me on air this week at the WYMT and rank the coaches...ok?Wink
sassy Wrote:Well by now everyone who posts knows I have a bad temper, and you know what. I could bite nails in two right now, but I'm so tired of explaining every post that I put on here. I will tell you all one more time... I am not making excuses for KCC I am simply givin my opinion about the coach. I like the coach at KCC and I am glad we beat Cordia, even tho isn't wasn't deserved. But I do hate that my child can not do anything other than basketball, don't get me wrong, I love that he is playing and I love the game. I just think they practice too much. Not an excuse for their playing bad, just my op. I would like to say that Cordia did a very good job too, they came back from 17 pts down and I think they played hard and showed a lot of heart. But I wish some of you ppl who read my posts would stop and think about what I'm sayin before you get on here and start runnin your mouths. That's all I will say, because the more I think about it, the more ****ed I get.

Nothing worthwhile comes easy! Sounds like the coach is teaching your son what hard work can do. This lesson will hopefully pay off in the long run, even if he does not want to play after high school. If you want him to play for a good basketball program, he will have to work a little harder than he did in elementary school.

If all the practicing is keeping him from his studies, he may need to rethink his commitment to the team, because academics comes first. I'd say most likely the extra practice is keeping him from his girlfriend and his Playstation 3. Actually, probably a blessing in disguise.

As for you having to answer for everyone of your posts. You should read what you write and cut down on the *************'s, you are just asking for people to criticize what you say.Big Grin
sassy Wrote:He doesn't want to play college ball.

I do not mean to be mean but I hope your son does not hyave the same attitude you have. If he does then he needs to quit. IEvery school in the mountians have hard practices. Not just Knott. How would you feel if your son went to Perry. They somedays have 2 a days. They have to be much more tired then your son. Practice pays off in the long run and if you want your son to play at Rupp then quit complainning.
Keep posts on-topic!
goodguy Wrote:Nothing worthwhile comes easy! Sounds like the coach is teaching your son what hard work can do. This lesson will hopefully pay off in the long run, even if he does not want to play after high school. If you want him to play for a good basketball program, he will have to work a little harder than he did in elementary school.

If all the practicing is keeping him from his studies, he may need to rethink his commitment to the team, because academics comes first. I'd say most likely the extra practice is keeping him from his girlfriend and his Playstation 3. Actually, probably a blessing in disguise.

As for you having to answer for everyone of your posts. You should read what you write and cut down on the *************'s, you are just asking for people to criticize what you say.Big Grin

Why should I cut down on the *****'s as you put it? Is everyone on here a saint? If anybody says they don't cuss or rather have never said a cuss word they are full of, you know, ****. I know all that you say is true, about the practices and all that, I have done this for many, many years, I do have other children who have played before. I just wish they would get a break every now and then. And sometimes the coach will tell them he won't practice them if they do this or that but then go back on his word and practice anyway. So whats that teaching them? That its okay to lie. As I said before I'm glad he is playing, it keeps him out of trouble he could possibly get into, but sometimes you just have to ***** about things. He knows his academics are first and he does okay with that, but I won't buy him a playstation, those things are a waste of money. :howdy:
killerb Wrote:LOL! Those who know the game aren't the ones who make excuses.... We know the Pats will be ok.....just going thru a bump in the road but it's getting smoother......

Guru you'll have to join me on air this week at the WYMT and rank the coaches...ok?Wink

nothing personal, but i would have to rank knott's towards the bottom.
good win kcc
I know how it is i can agree because its a load of malarkey. basketball is a game so is baseball and so is football
bluegrass15 Wrote:nothing personal, but i would have to rank knott's towards the bottom.

Sorry to say, I would have to agree! Coach Cox is a class act though and has more than doubled the basketball IQ for the Patriots. They will do well this year, good luck to them. Nice win against a district team. Wink We will leave the ranking coaches for another thread.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Sorry to say, I would have to agree! Coach Cox is a class act though and has more than doubled the basketball IQ for the Patriots. They will do well this year, good luck to them. Nice win against a district team. Wink We will leave the ranking coaches for another thread.

i agree