Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elliott's Evan Faulkner named MVP of the Beachball Classic
Didn't see a thread on this.........Considering the talent there, quite an accomplishment for an Eastern Ky. boy!!! His twin Ethan was awarded " Mr. Hustle", and Elliott recieved the "Team Hustle" award! Back to Evan....While I don't know, I would have to imagine this is the first time this award has been given to any player who's team didn't advance to at least the Semifinals of the winner's bracket.
Congrats to Evan and Elliott Co.!! Way to represent Kentucky!! Good luck the rest of the season!!
I posted this in another thread the other day. What a great honor.
Congrats to Evan and Ethan for representing the Eastern Kentucky down their against the big boys.
FBALL Wrote:I posted this in another thread the other day. What a great honor.

I apologize FBALL, I hadn't seen anything about this on here.......Just wanted to give these young men their due.........
letthebighogroot Wrote:I apologize FBALL, I hadn't seen anything about this on here.......Just wanted to give these young men their due.........
No need to apologize. I put it in another thread. I can't even remember which one. That kind of honor deserves a thread of its own.
Congrats Evan.
Hustle is what those kids can do. From what I've saw, EC is in a class of their own in east KY. Not to go off topic but we can't forget about the Ferguson kid. Last night he put up 9 3's and ended with 38. They got a 6' 7-8" kid(Knipp) that looks more comfortable drilling 3's than being under the post.
Great accomplishment. Strange though as even though he did have a good tourney....it wasn't exactly earth shattering. Ave what??? 20 points a game and shot 50% from the field? You would have thought that at least somebody could have put up better numbers than that from at least the top 4-5 teams in it.
http://beachballclassic.com/News/tabid/7...fault.aspx

Michael Gilchrest, St. Patricks was named MVP of the beachball classic this year, not Evan Faulkner.

Evan was named outstanding player. Congrats to Evan anyways and Elliott on a good showing.
Congrats to Evan and Elliott Co., way to represent east KY
HollaBack Wrote:http://beachballclassic.com/News/tabid/7...fault.aspx

Michael Gilchrest, St. Patricks was named MVP of the beachball classic this year, not Evan Faulkner.

Evan was named outstanding player. Congrats to Evan anyways and Elliott on a good showing.

Thanks for the clarification. Whats up with having a MVP and an MOP in the same tournament? One for the Championship bracket and one for the Consolation bracket??
Most Outstanding or Most Valuable, either one would be a great honor. I know it was reported as Most Outstanding Player in the Daily Independent. I did not know the gave a MVP and an MOP.
MOP or MVP what's the difference, quite an accomplishment considering the teams and players that were in the tournament. Glad to see the twins efforts pay off.

This is not like being MVP in a small local holiday tournament. This was from one of the top Holiday tournaments in the country. I'm impressed with the showing both Faulkners had and what Elliott Co. accomplished in this tournament.

Great job boys, keep it up. Look forward seeing you guys play in Rupp in March.:Thumbs:
FBALL Wrote:Most Outstanding or Most Valuable, either one would be a great honor. I know it was reported as Most Outstanding Player in the Daily Independent. I did not know the gave a MVP and an MOP.

FBALL you have had a rough week posting.Smile

Either award is an honor for a KY boy.:Thumbs:
Elliott is no joke and I hope they win state this year.
great honor...eastern kentucky basketball is making us proud...