Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Fields Top 10
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://fieldsnotes.bloginky.com/

1. Holmes
2. Scott Co.
3. Jeffersontown
4. Elliott Co.
5. Bryan Station
6. Lexington Catholic
7. Ballard
8. Clark Co.
9. Anderson Co.
10. Eastern
Now this top 10 is pretty accurate. I can't argue with anything on this list except for maybe Louisville Eastern being above Anderson County.
IMO the top 7 would take day about playing each other and winning......... I honestly believe the state champion comes from this top 4!!!!
I have a hard time buying Anderson County in the top 10. Also can't buy Clark County being ranked ahead of Eastern.
I think thats a little low for Eastern. Just in terms of the teams on this list I would have to put Eastern at 5 or 6 right now.

-Having Anderson Co. above them is absurd.

-I have seen Lex Cath play a few games and I don't see them being better than Eastern.

-Ballard is a good team, and they have played some tough competition, but I really don't see them being ranked above Eastern.

-Bryan Station is another team that has been challenged early and basing my opinion off of their game against Male, I'm not sure they are right to be at 5.

-Personally I think J'Town is overrated.

-I can't take anything away from the other top teams having not seen them, and taking into consideration the levels of competition they have played early on.

The next two weeks will really carry alot of weight in determining who really is the best team in Louisville and arguably in the state.
W L
6 5
7 5
7 5
6 4
5 8
4 4
6 6
8 2
4 4
5 8
9 5
67 56

These are the records of all the Kentucky teams that Eastern has played. If they were not undefeated at the time, they would be lucky to be in the Top 20.
Elliott at 4? they need to be 1 or 2 for sure.
What more can they do? These kids prooved theirselves against WVs best team, the best team from ontario, a very good team from south carolina, beat everybody in state by at least 20... and competed with the TX team which on a normal shooting night they would have beaten by 20....
Impressive Wrote:Elliott at 4? they need to be 1 or 2 for sure.
What more can they do? These kids prooved theirselves against WVs best team, the best team from ontario, a very good team from south carolina, beat everybody in state by at least 20... and competed with the TX team which on a normal shooting night they would have beaten by 20....

Easy now!!!!!!!!!!! They haven't beaten the top teams in the state that matters.........Trust me, I love these boys and the effort they give day in, day out. And I was behind you until you said "beat everybody in state by 20".
W L
3 4
9 2
5 8
3 6
20 20

Elliott's Kentucky opponents total record.

In contrast, does anyone think this schedule would help Elliott Co. more?
W L
7 3
3 7
8 4
7 2
7 2
4 7
36 25

A traditional State power's KY opponent's record.
These rankings look about right. I think Eastern should be ranked a few spots higher, and Anderson should by a few. Other than that it looks solid.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Impressive Wrote:Elliott at 4? they need to be 1 or 2 for sure.
What more can they do? ...

Play several of Kentucky's top teams.
I would not put Anderson county in the top 20. They have not beaten any really good teams and have lost to every ranked team they have played.
letthebighogroot Wrote:Easy now!!!!!!!!!!! They haven't beaten the top teams in the state that matters.........Trust me, I love these boys and the effort they give day in, day out. And I was behind you until you said "beat everybody in state by 20".

:Thumbs: That is a Great Point.