Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cedar Hill, TX 63 - Elliott Co. 53
Final
4-30 from 3? Give it up after you're shooting that bad, find someway else to score.
PC_You_Know Wrote:4-30 from 3? Give it up after you're shooting that bad, find someway else to score.

I agree .
I agree, but most of them were good looks. They missed several easy buckets also. Just a horrible shooting night for EC.
letthebighogroot Wrote:I agree, but most of them were good looks. They missed several easy buckets also. Just a horrible shooting night for EC.

Bad break for Elliott. Usually they shoot the ball really well. Hopefully they'll get back on track the next game. Who do they play and what is the format for the tournament?
letthebighogroot Wrote:I agree, but most of them were good looks. They missed several easy buckets also. Just a horrible shooting night for EC.

Sounds like it just wasnt their night. What happen after the score was 53-51?
Elliott scores exactly half their average of 106 points against a legit team. Playing outside of Boyd County and Morgan County they struggle.
PC_You_Know Wrote:4-30 from 3? Give it up after you're shooting that bad, find someway else to score.
That's there game it just looks like they wasn't hiting the 3's tonight but miss that many and still just lose by 10. Just think what they would have done if they just it a few of the 3's. Keep on shooting it guy's that's how you boy's play the game and that's how you all have been able to win so many games good louck the rest of the tournment
^ I agree, that is there game and unfortunately they did not hit. It's not like they played a patsy. I see them bouncing back.
BUHoops Wrote:Elliott scores exactly half their average of 106 points against a legit team. Playing outside of Boyd County and Morgan County they struggle.
have you not been paying attention they beat the #1 team in WV last weekend i am not from elliott so i dont really care but i do belive they are a top 3 team in this state and i have seen Elliott, Scott Co , and Holmes play , Elliott will give them all they want
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Bad break for Elliott. Usually they shoot the ball really well. Hopefully they'll get back on track the next game. Who do they play and what is the format for the tournament?

They play the loser of Martin Luther King (CA)/Mrytle Beach. As far as I know it is a double elimination.
The Fan Wrote:have you not been paying attention they beat the #1 team in WV last weekend i am not from elliott so i dont really care but i do belive they are a top 3 team in this state and i have seen Elliott, Scott Co , and Holmes play , Elliott will give them all they want

Let them play a top 10 team and prove it.
Dawg Family Wrote:That's there game it just looks like they wasn't hiting the 3's tonight but miss that many and still just lose by 10. Just think what they would have done if they just it a few of the 3's. Keep on shooting it guy's that's how you boy's play the game and that's how you all have been able to win so many games good louck the rest of the tournment

Good post, they were right there in the end. This loss will only make them better.
letthebighogroot Wrote:As far as I know it is a double elimination.

The BBC is not nor never has been a double elimination tournament. Elliott Co will be playing in the consulation bracket. I would guess they will be playing Myrtle Beach High. There are usually about 3 or 4 local teams in the 16 team field. They are usually pretty weak. Elliott will most likely be a heavy favorite.
Tough loss for the Lions.

Hopefully that game shook the 9 hour drive off of them.
rojas Wrote:The BBC is not nor never has been a double elimination tournament. Elliott Co will be playing in the consulation bracket. I would guess they will be playing Myrtle Beach High. There are usually about 3 or 4 local teams in the 16 team field. They are usually pretty weak. Elliott will most likely be a heavy favorite.

Yeah, you go to the consolation bracket, lose again, go home. That is double elimination.
No shame in losing this one, Cedar Hill was 14-0 coming into this game and in the 5A class in Texas.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cedar Hill is a VERY good team. To shoot that poorly and cut to 53-51 against that kind of team shows alot of heart.

Elliott County's defense is what makes them so good and it kept them in this game on a horrible shooting night.

I agree with that. Watched it on the net, great comback.
letthebighogroot Wrote:Yeah, you go to the consolation bracket, lose again, go home. That is double elimination.

No. Each team will play at least 3 games, win or loose. Most will play 4. In a double elimination tournament a team can loose in the championship bracket and come out of the loosers bracket and still win the tournament. The BBC is a single elimination tournament. The best Elliott Co can hope for is 9th place.
To shoot as bad as they did, and then come as close as they did to Cedar Hill says a lot about EC.On a average shooting night, they would have won this one.Cedar Hill has a tough team.
Elliott will bounce back the twins and ferg are winners everbody has a bad shooting nite.
After seeing all this it seems that Elliot lives and dyes by the 3 that wont get u no were at state..goodluck better fix it
sportsfan22 Wrote:After seeing all this it seems that Elliot lives and dyes by the 3 that wont get u no were at state..goodluck better fix it

Their defense will get them to state...and with a good draw and the 3s start falling...elliot could make a serious run...
to make it to state there is no good draw they might make it to state but as of right now i do not see them making it to elite 8
I agree with Chuck. Elliott County's defense is their bread and butter. Not the 3 point shot. They normally score more of off layups and in transition than off of just jacking up 3's.

It sounds like Cedar Hill did an excellent job of taking care of the ball and limiting Elliott County's fast break opportunities. If you want to beat Elliott the smart thing to do is turn it into a half court game.