Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 2009
Kosar Wrote:The education excuse is not valid anymore. GC crushed Raceland in elementary school test scores. Raceland was barely above GC in HS scores. GC shouldnt even be close to a school with the student/teacher ratio Raceland has. Seriously FBALL, Out of all the transfers on the Ram football team, do you honestly think education was the major factor for any of them?

Of the four middle schooul kids that transferred from Russell to Raceland I know athletics was not the reason for two of them. I won't go into the reasons for the moves because it is really no ones business except for those families.

As for the kids at the highschool, I don't know. I do know that Ashland and Russell have picked up a few kids from Rose Hill, and it is rumored that a couple of more may be going to Raceland. There has been a mass exodus from the hill.

Like I said the reason's for some of these transfers are valid. I'm sure some are not. But it is not for me to judge.
FBALL Wrote:Of the four middle school kids that transferred from Russell to Raceland I know atletocs was not the reason to two of them. I won't go into the reasons for the moves because it is really moines business except for those families.

As for the kids at the highschool, I don't know. I do know that Ashland and Russell have picked up a few kids from Rose Hill, and it is rumored that a couple of more may be going to Raceland. There has been a mass exodus from the hill.

Like I said the reason's for some of these transfers are valid. I'm sure some are not. But it is not for me to judge.
I understand completely, but out of the 6 or 7 that transfered from GC, all were sports related, the parents didnt even try to use another excuse.
Kosar Wrote:I understand completely, but out of the 6 or 7 that transfered from GC, all were sports related, the parents didnt even try to use another excuse.

I'm glad you understood it. Too many typos on the iPhone.
GC2144 Wrote:I love how all of you Raceland fans are ignoring the fact that Mason Rister lives in SOUTH SHORE.... which would make him ineligible, and if I'm not mistaken, if it is turned in.... they would have to take a loss for all of the baseball games that he played in......... What no comment on this?? Lol.... Come on Doc, are you sweating yet???

OK. WE DIDN'T WIN VERY MANY ANYWAY.:zzz:
Kosar Wrote:The education excuse is not valid anymore. GC crushed Raceland in elementary school test scores. Raceland was barely above GC in HS scores. GC shouldnt even be close to a school with the student/teacher ratio Raceland has. Seriously FBALL, Out of all the transfers on the Ram football team, do you honestly think education was the major factor for any of them?

Maybe GC Is like Russell, and they don't report the scores of the kids who didn't do well or maybe they have them doing other things while testing is going on. Meanwhile poor honest Raceland gets bashed because kids are transferring in to the greatest school in the existence of this universe.:worthy:
Kosar Wrote:I understand completely, but out of the 6 or 7 that transfered from GC, all were sports related, the parents didnt even try to use another excuse.

Then go smack their parents and leave Raceland alone. If six of Racelands best athletes just up and decided to transfer to GC you wouldn't be asking any questions.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Then go smack their parents and leave Raceland alone. If six of Racelands best athletes just up and decided to transfer to GC you wouldn't be asking any questions.
I would, I said it before, I dont know that I want kids and parents with no loyalty to they're friends, team or community.
I am glad that I am getting all sorts of information about Raceland's football season such as how the players are looking and who is looking like the leading candidates to start this year. I don't know, I thought this was a football thread. If you guys are going to argue about silly stuff, start a thread in general discussions.
How is this one. I heard raceland lost Barr with a broken leg. That really sucks for that kid. He is the real deal.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Maybe GC Is like Russell, and they don't report the scores of the kids who didn't do well or maybe they have them doing other things while testing is going on. Meanwhile poor honest Raceland gets bashed because kids are transferring in to the greatest school in the existence of this universe.:worthy:

Didn't I tell you to leave us out of this? I know you poor honest Raceland guys can come up with something better than that.

By the way Russell doesn't hold anybody out of testing. We are just that good.
FBALL Wrote:How is this one. I heard raceland lost Barr with a broken leg. That really sucks for that kid. He is the real deal.

The first relevant information on this thread in months:biggrin:
ramsare1 Wrote:Farley is a better QB than rister farley just doesnt care about football as much.
Greenup county waz tryin to recruit jett to go back to greenup they called him reguarly until he told them to leave him alone i think its funny that u think raceland is cheating and just winning because of transfers last year carver, denton, logan, boyles, selvage, none of them were transfers the only one who had a impact was sabastian johanson and i dont think raceland recrited him all the way from sweden lol.

greenup is just a crappy school that has a bad athletics program there just good at cheerleading and thats not even a real sport so shut up and stop talkin about my school and do your home work greenup is a joke...

I would be careful what you say. I know for a fact Raceland as a whole goes after certain kids with calls themselves. Greenup isn't a joke, but nor is Raceland but I wouldnt go casting stones just yet.
KYstraydog,
I know for a fact that a couple of Russell coaches have also call certain kids. So you may not want to cast any stones.
serious? Wrote:KYstraydog,
I know for a fact that a couple of Russell coaches have also call certain kids. So you may not want to cast any stones.

Oh I am not defending or critisizing anyone nor am I casting stones.(bad arm and all...lol) I was just saying I knew Raceland wasn't that innocent and used Raceland because it was the topic of that comment. Never said Russell,Ashland, or any other team was innocent of phone calls. Just new about my own personal knowledge and actually it wasnt even about Raceland football but other sports. To me it doesn't bother me. Everyone likes to win and gain and edge but to me I just like the kids to be happy and have fun. Most of the teams are in different divisions anyway so rooting against Raceland and Russell and Greenup is silly to me.
Sounds like Raceland is having a tough time getting all the transfers to gel with the rest of the team. They looked pretty bad Saturday. Raceland has always had 1 or 2 transfers that would start, but having a bunch, seems to be causing a problem with team chemistry.
Karma??

LOL Ask Doc, from what I hear he can cure anything..... except keeping someone from notifying KHSAA about the illegal transfer of Rister......
btw, I hear a couple of the "Rams" got put in their place the other night.....
GC2144 Wrote:Karma??

LOL Ask Doc, from what I hear he can cure anything..... except keeping someone from notifying KHSAA about the illegal transfer of Rister......
btw, I hear a couple of the "Rams" got put in their place the other night.....
Do tell:popcorn:
Kosar Wrote:Do tell:popcorn:

Heard a couple of the new "Rams" went down to GCHS, caused quite a seen. One of the Musketeers sent them home though, after a 'discussion".....lol
GC2144 Wrote:Heard a couple of the new "Rams" went down to GCHS, caused quite a seen. One of the Musketeers sent them home though, after a 'discussion".....lol
:argue::ChairHit:
Hmm this thread is exciting. But nonetheless GO RAMS!
Kosar Wrote::argue::ChairHit:

Exactly
Ram Fan04 Wrote:Hmm this thread is exciting. But nonetheless GO RAMS!

So, RamFan..... how do you feel about the illegal activities provided by the one and only "Doc Johnson"...... lol

All to benefit the Rams of course.....lol
just curious who put who and where?
GC2144 Wrote:Heard a couple of the new "Rams" went down to GCHS, caused quite a seen. One of the Musketeers sent them home though, after a 'discussion".....lol

That is nothing compared to the seen we are gonna cause when we play The Musketels.:ChairHit::ChairHit:
GC2144 Wrote:So, RamFan..... how do you feel about the illegal activities provided by the one and only "Doc Johnson"...... lol

All to benefit the Rams of course.....lol

Boy!!......You guys are some bitter people. Should we have the shoe laces taken out of your shoes and have you put on suicide watch???
russellpride Wrote:I agree Raceland has a solid football program, but so many kids transfer to that school that help them out. I guess the rich get richer to an extent. More power to them I suppose but I don't think Raceland will ever win a state championship. I also think Raceland competes in a very tough district (LCA, Fairview, Nicholas, Paris) and all those teams can play and beat you on any given Friday night.

Well i agree anybody has a chance to win, but come on..nicholas, paris??..have a chance to win against LCA, Raceland....i dont know about that statement....it's a 2 team district....Fairview will compete every 3 or 4 years maybe, but i wouldn't go as far to call a 2 team district tough
flavorflav Wrote:Well i agree anybody has a chance to win, but come on..nicholas, paris??..have a chance to win against LCA, Raceland....i dont know about that statement....it's a 2 team district....Fairview will compete every 3 or 4 years maybe, but i wouldn't go as far to call a 2 team district tough

I actually agree with you. I personally hate our district! But it used to be tougher than it is now. When I played 00-04, I think 4 different teams won the district. I'm not positive about that though. But I believe Paris won in 00, Nicholas Co. in 01, Raceland in 02, Fairview in 03. Don't qoute me on this one though. Because I'm not 100% sure on the 01 season.
If it wasn't for LCA entering our district in 01, we would be back to back Champs every year almost.
Ram Fan04 Wrote:I actually agree with you. I personally hate our district! But it used to be tougher than it is now. When I played 00-04, I think 4 different teams won the district. I'm not positive about that though. But I believe Paris won in 00, Nicholas Co. in 01, Raceland in 02, Fairview in 03. Don't qoute me on this one though. Because I'm not 100% sure on the 01 season.
If it wasn't for LCA entering our district in 01, we would be back to back Champs every year almost.

Yeah I agree...raceland would run it year in and out if not for Lexington
yeah that district is owned by LCA and Raceland.