Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henry Clay at Shelby Valley 12/12
Shelby Valley comes in 1-0 with a 100-57 win over Ashland, and Henry Clay is 1-1 with a win over Christian County (73-67) and a loss to Bryan Station (66-71).
Christian County was a huge win for Henry Clay and Bryan Station is way better than most people think. This could be a good test for Shelby Valley. They are lucky it will be played at Shelby Valley.
LC played Henry Clay this past summer and only got beat by nine. I look for the wildcats to do what they want with them.
Im gonna go with my cats in a close one 66-61. Hope to have a wild game from the blue crew!
I think Valley will win by around 15+. They are just too good for most teams, especially at home.
Going to be a long trip for H.C., but I look for Valley to take this one in a nail biter.
This game will be broadcast on 93.1 WDHR with coverage beginning at 7:15p.

Also will be available online at http://www.wdhr.com
This game will take its toll on both teams, as both are playing the very next day in the Farm Bureau Classic. However, while Henry Clay plays Pike Central, Valley has to tangle with Walton, Ga.

I'll take SV in a close one, 77-72.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I will take Valley against any team they play this year in the state of Ky. They are flat loaded with Justice leading the point and Taylor back this year. The Adams kid will be a huge factor for them. I think they are one of the top teams in the state....
Well the way I look at it is that if Valley wins this game, it will be hard fought. If they win with ease then there as good as anyone in the state imo. Bryan Station was in a dog fight with Henry Clay and could have won the game and we all know what Bryan Station did to #2 Holmes. I think this game could go eighter way but I hope Valley wins. I guess well see how good they really are in this game.
uk96 Wrote:I will take Valley against any team they play this year in the state of Ky. They are flat loaded with Justice leading the point and Taylor back this year. The Adams kid will be a huge factor for them. I think they are one of the top teams in the state....

Confident are you??????????? No team in the state beats them??????? PM me please.......If you are right you could get me outta some serious change! Cause, while they are good..........No way they go undefeated in the state!!!!
letthebighogroot Wrote:Confident are you??????????? No team in the state beats them??????? PM me please.......If you are right you could get me outta some serious change!

You are right hog. SV needs to take things one game at a time. Let's be realistic here. SV needs to focus on the regular season, then on district and region play. Then, and only then, can we talk about what they may do against the rest of the state. SV needs to win 1 game at state first, something they have not done. I think they have a real shot of doing some big things this year. They just need to take things step-by-step.
bucslover68 Wrote:You are right hog. SV needs to take things one game at a time. Let's be realistic here. SV needs to focus on the regular season, then on district and region play. Then, and only then, can we talk about what they may do against the rest of the state. SV needs to win 1 game at state first, something they have not done. I think they have a real shot of doing some big things this year. They just need to take things step-by-step.

I agree.... I caught a lot of grief on here this past year for being realistic. And I'm sure most came from kids that really didn't know. Having said that, I'm an Elliott fan, ( I know most SV fans don't care for us) But I LOVE to see mountain schools whip some *** at the Sweet Sixteen! Valley in my opinion is very much like Elliott............ They both guard you into the ground, and nobody will out work them........But they both need a good draw to get to Saturday........And I hope, both get the draw to make it but, sometimes things happen......Like, you can bank money on Scott Co. and Holmes being in Oppisite brackets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:
I'm amazed at the fact that anyone would believe that UK96 is an actual Shelby Valley fan. I think he was being a bit facetious or just trying to stir the pot.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Valley will take this one fairly easy.
15+ depending on how much booher rests his starters for saturday.
letthebighogroot Wrote:I agree.... I caught a lot of grief on here this past year for being realistic. And I'm sure most came from kids that really didn't know. Having said that, I'm an Elliott fan, ( I know most SV fans don't care for us) But I LOVE to see mountain schools whip some *** at the Sweet Sixteen! Valley in my opinion is very much like Elliott............ They both guard you into the ground, and nobody will out work them........But they both need a good draw to get to Saturday........And I hope, both get the draw to make it but, sometimes things happen......Like, you can bank money on Scott Co. and Holmes being in Oppisite brackets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

alfus21 Wrote:I'm amazed at the fact that anyone would believe that UK96 is an actual Shelby Valley fan. I think he was being a bit facetious or just trying to stir the pot.

Alfus, I'm almost positive that based on previous posts, uk96 is a fan of a 14th region team. I would also take a guess that he is being facetious.

Just want everyone on here to realize that most SV fans ARE realistic about the team and its chances this year. They are a good team, probably a notch behind Elliott, and have a chance to make noise at state. But when you see people on here saying that SV will beat everyone they play by 30 points and waltz through the state, more often than not, it's a non-Valley fan just trying to stir things up and make all SV fans look bad.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Alfus, I'm almost positive that based on previous posts, uk96 is a fan of a 14th region team. I would also take a guess that he is being facetious.

Just want everyone on here to realize that most SV fans ARE realistic about the team and its chances this year. They are a good team, probably a notch behind Elliott, and have a chance to make noise at state. But when you see people on here saying that SV will beat everyone they play by 30 points and waltz through the state, more often than not, it's a non-Valley fan just trying to stir things up and make all SV fans look bad.

Very true, I believe Valley can go far this year, but I wouldn't even have predicted Valley to beat Ashland by 30+ let alone any other team.
Valley by 13 big nite for justice.
This is going to be a great game...two great teams...also two great coaches...Booher and Brown were both great players in high school...
Wonder if this game will even take place? With all the bad weather we're supposed to get tonight and Friday, I wonder if the Fayette school board might pull another Paul Dunbar and forbid Henry Clay to travel...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
i rlly hope sv wins this to help make a name for mountain basketball
Valley by 7
FOX SPORTS Wrote:This game will be broadcast on 93.1 WDHR with coverage beginning at 7:15p.

Also will be available online at http://www.wdhr.com

Still music on WDHR. Is this game still going on or what?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:Still music on WDHR. Is this game still going on or what?

The boys were logging off myspace at 5:00 saying they were heading to the game.
If anybody has any updates or knows what radio station it is on, let me know.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I will take Valley by 10. I am expecting a close and well played game!