Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LCA 27 Raceland 20
Jeepman Wrote:When Raceland wins one State Championship I think then and then only can they be compared with Belfry. That is what I was refering to.
They've never even won their Region.
EastKyMiner Wrote:What did the fans do?
My buddy is a Raceland fan and he like many of them were celebrating. He didn't here it. Not many of the Raceland fans did. A few of us in the endzone did and I would imagine that most on the LCA side did as well.

No matter what the crowd did LCA scored very quickly and contiunued to do so from that point on.

I was shocked when I heard it. I told my buddy you guys are screwed now.
FBALL Wrote:Yes.

I was standing with a buddy of mine and when Denton scored on a long run to make it 20-3 he said that. It was not as loud as a normal announcement. It was obvious he was celebrating and I think just tried to cover the mic with his hand. But the words did come through. I heard it with my own ears.
I've heard lots of stories about that PA Anncr. All of them end up with him doing something stupid.
DevilsWin Wrote:They've never even won their Region.
No they haven't

This makes me smile.
DevilsWin Wrote:I've heard lots of stories about that PA Anncr. All of them end up with him doing something stupid.
Most of the Raceland people, even some of the coaches think that way of him.

He does make a fool of himself. There were some other times during the game when he was heard talking without realizing it was being broadcast.
Raceland, still doesn't even own a regional championship.

Hopefully they will retire their football team now, if the best team they have ever had can't beat a weak LCA team that got trounced by Corbin and Breathitt, then they should just pack it up. This is what happens when the biggest game of the year to the entire town is a regular season game.
Raceland came out strong defensively. They protected the big pass defensively and offensively they controlled the tempo of the game. In the third quarter they showed something that hadn't shown all year, a whole lot of grit. They were hitting harder, flying to the football, and dominating the line of scrimmage. They went up 20-3, and many including myself were probably thinking that this was the team that everyone had been waiting for. Then LCA responded with a td strike of their own. After that, it was all down hill. Mainly, I think the play calling was rough. Sure, Boyles stepped out of bounds a ft short of the first down and Carver had the fumble, but these are high school kids. They're going to make mistakes. The fact that Raceland had went for anything less that 5 yards all year on 3rd and 4th down, and generally attained it, then in the biggest game of the year, up to that point, they decided to punt on 4th and 2ft? I have to question the play calling there. I think if Raceland gets a few 1st downs it controls the clock and LCA is short a td in the end, but the Rams did what every other Raceland Region Runner-Up has done, choke late. In 2006 Raceland was up 27-10 to Newport Central Catholic at half time, and lost the second half by 36-0 and lost the game 46-27. Then last year, Raceland played poorly in every quarter except the last 5 minutes and nearly came back on LCA and ended up losing on a last second field goal. These two teams never seem to disapoint. Call it a curse, call it poor play calling or lack of heart, untill Raceland can atleast make it past the region, they'll never get the respect that they should.

Raceland had a great season and beat several quality football teams and lost to a GOOD LCA team. Anyone who can say that this is a "down" LCA team is off of their rocker. They're the same team that played in the State Championship last year minus a few lineman and the same Regional Runner-Up from 2006. Next year Raceland will have a solid season again, but will miss Logan, Johanssen, Chinn, and Baldridge, but they're JV squad played well this year and I predict the Rams will have a 7-3 or 8-2 regular season and have a decent playoff run, but this LCA team is high octane and if they get their defense in order, could go 15-0 next year. good luck to all...Congrats to LCA and Raceland on theri first 12 win season, its just to bad they couldn't get to 13 and a possible 14 and 15. Guess its Hoop time for this former Rambler
:
Beetle01 Wrote:Raceland, still doesn't even own a regional championship.

Hopefully they will retire their football team now, if the best team they have ever had can't beat a weak LCA team that got trounced by Corbin and Breathitt, then they should just pack it up. This is what happens when the biggest game of the year to the entire town is a regular season game.

:ChairHit: LCA and Raceland have GREAT TEAMS!!! :ChairHit:
UcanDOit Wrote::

:ChairHit: LCA and Raceland have GREAT TEAMS!!! :ChairHit:

I agree, watching this game and seeing LCA for the 1st time all year, I was impressed with the QB. Raceland had a super year.