Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's up with Fleming County?
The last 2 seasons have been pretty rough (4-7 and 1-9). I had to eat a lot of crow this year because I thought they were going to be better. Is it just a rough time or do you think it will continue? (Coach Peterson was averaging 7 wins a year before the past 2.)
Just curious, how big a school (enrollment-wise) is Fleming Co. High?
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:Just curious, how big a school (enrollment-wise) is Fleming Co. High?

737 total kids in 2007
Benchwarmer Wrote:737 total kids in 2007

Thanks.
I think they are just going through a "dry" spell. They only had 6 seniors this year and they struggled to be leaders. They have a good young group of kids coming up. They have several juniors that have 2 years under their belt (even if it was not the most successful years). Their JV team only lost a couple of games this year and finished second to Mason in their conference. Their freshman team (with around 30 members) only lost twice (to Mason) and also finshed second in their conference. I expect that they are either already in the weightroom or getting in there soon and will be looking to improve next year.
Also, they played a pretty tough schedule this year (without several starters due to injuries). In their district, Breathitt, Estill, and Harlan County were all in the top 10. Two are still playing. Powell had their best team ever. Mason County was a top ten 3a team, Harrison was no slouch and Bryan Station was way out of their league.
Coach Peterson does a great job over there at Fleming, just one of those years.
Half of Fleming's team was out,What do yo expect ?