Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Clark 26 - Mason County 20 (OT)
Final

26-20 Sheldon Clark
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
Cards pull out a tough one....Go get them pirates
Dag gum it.
Good game! Congrats Cards!!
Picked this one in my weekly picks. Great job Cards! :Cheerlead
Congratulations Sheldon Clark!

Although I thought that the margin of victory would be more. But a win is a win.

Get ready for next week.
Glad to hear that Sheldon Clark pulled it out sounds like it was a great football game good luck next week cards
Tricky Wrote:Congratulations Sheldon Clark!

Although I thought that the margin of victory would be more. But a win is a win.

Get ready for next week.

It should have been. That game got wild near the end and Mason stromed back.
Good win SC. I cant even imagin what the tread is going to look like for the game next week.
schs_06 Wrote:Good win SC. I cant even imagin what the tread is going to look like for the game next week.

It could be big, but we ask that both sides remain civil. :Thumbs:
Wow!!
Congrats Cards!!!
Congrats Cards...big win!.....See ya next week!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Good win sheldon clark. I didnt expect them to hang in this game but i was so wrong. Did Ryan Kelly have a ton of rushing yards?
YOURTIGERBAIT Wrote:Dag gum it.

lol i love that...my coach use to say "dog gone it" haha...sorry i was just reminissing (spelling)

sounds like a great game...get ready for belfry..its gonna be a long night Wink
BelfryJustice Wrote:Final

26-20 Sheldon Clark

I picked Mason.Oh well.
Congrats go to Shawn and the boys.. But next week, I have to back the boys in Red & White.. Hope u guys have a safe trip to the CAM
I thought Mason County would win this one. Congratulations to Sheldon Clark.

Good luck next week. You'll need it.
I picked the Cards, Congrats SC. Good Luck next week!
Shocked and awed though I am, congratulations are in order. You've earned it Cardinals. You may not quite be on the level that Belfry is, but you're top dog amongst the rest of the pack!
bac2369 Wrote:Good win sheldon clark. I didnt expect them to hang in this game but i was so wrong. Did Ryan Kelly have a ton of rushing yards?

ACCORDING TO THE RADIO:

RYAN KELLY 125 YARD ON 31 CARRIES 3 TD'S
MATT SLONE 89 YEARDS ON 21 CARRIES 1 RD
AUSTIN STEPP 47 YARDS RUSHING ON 7 CARRIES, 4 - 7 PASSING FOR 50 YARDS AND A 2 POINT CONVERSION.

TOTAL YARDS: 329
RUSHING: 282
PASSING: 47

INTERESTING TIME OF POSS.... 31:15
By: Danny Weddle
The Mason County Royals' season came to an end with a 26-20 overtime loss to the Sheldon Clark Cardinals tonight at home in the second round of the Class 3A football playoffs. Mason County led 7-6 at the half. Sheldon Clark used two long time-consuming drives in the second half to lead 20-7 with 8:09 left in the fourth quarter. Mason County put together an exciting rally. The Royals scored with 5:28 to play to make it 20-14. Mason County recovered the ensuing kickoff and scored three plays later to tie the game. The Royals were getting ready to snap the ball for the PAT when the cannon fired. The kick missed. Mason County's defense forced Sheldon Clark to go three and out. The Royals drove the ball to the Cardinals' 17 yard, but failed to convert on 4th and three. Sheldon Clark ran out the clock to force overtime. Mason County failed to score on its series, missing a 23 yard field goal attempt. Matt Slone scored the game winning touchdown from four yards out on the Cardinals' second play in overtime. Sheldon Clark dominated the time of possesion- 31:15 to 16:45. The Cardinals had 329 total yards (282 rushing and 47 passing). Mason County had 314 total yards. (152 rushing yards and Neal Pawsat completed 12-of-18 for 162 yards and two touchdowns). Mason County tailback Jeremy Thompson rushed for 95 yards and one touchdown. Sheldon Clark running back Ryan Kelly rushed for 125 yards and three touchdowns. Sheldon Clark (10-2) advances to the third round to play Belfry.
Mason County ends the season with a 9-3 record. Here is the scoring summary:

SC 1st Q 6:26 Ryan Kelly 6 yard run (run failed) SC 6, MC 0
MC 2nd Q 1:20 Josh Harris 14 yard pass from Neal Pawsat (Jessica Batey kick) MC 7, SC 6
SC 3rd Q 6:12 Ryan Kelly 5 yard run (run failed) SC 12, MC 7
SC 4th Q 8:09 Ryan Kelly 2 yard run (Dustin Meade pass from Austin Stepp) SC 20, MC 7
MC 4th Q 5:28 Terrence Breckenridge 13 yard pass from Neal Pawsat (Jessica Batey kick)
SC 20, MC 14
MC 4th Q 4:32 Jeremy Thompson 9 yard run (kick failed) SC 20, MC 20
SC OT Matt Slone 4 yard run SC 26, MC 20

Notes:

* Jeremy Thompson set the school record for total points in a season (196), tied the school record for total touchdowns in a season (32) and moved into third place on the Royals' career rushing yards list with 3,034 yards;
* Jessica Batey tied the school record for extra points in a season (45).
* Ryan Kelly 125 yards on 31 carries 3 TD’s
*Matt Slone 89 yards on 21 carries 1 TD’s in OT
*Austin Stepp 50 yards on 7 carries, and was 4-7 passing for 47 yards and a 2 point conversion.
Sheldon clarks O-Line played there butts off and showed that they had it in them to run over top of people. Great Job SC!!! Belfry's next rd 2 our turn...:rockon:
Proud of the boys from this game they played their tails off and it showed they beat a good mason county squad. Now its that time of the year again here we come pirates.
Originally Posted by schs_06
I see it like this

Round 2
Russell @ Belfry/ Russell 7- Belfry 48
Sheldon Clark @ Mason Co/ SC 35- MC 21

Regional Championship
Sheldon Clark @ Belfry/ SC 21- Belfry 42

Semifinals
Breathitt Co @ Belfry/ BC 14-Belfry 28

how do you like my predictions. i was almost right on it.
SC is not the team to have on the other side of the ball in OT this year.