Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why the Bengals are winless
Does anybody else ever notice that when they throw the ball down the field they do good. But they like to get to the 40 an run up the middle 3 straight plays and get 2 yards. Then they go for it on 4th down and throw it 5 yards short of the 1st down. And why does carson always take a knee when the defense is offsides. Its a free play. Throw the ball down the field. And Chad Johnson is one of the best receivers in football and he doesnt even usually get looked at. When they throw it to him they always drive down the field. And i dont know why they never look for him in the end zone. In 2005 (playoff year) Carson would send the ball deep at least 2 or 3 times a game but this year he likes throwing check downs to the running backs and tight ends who couldnt catch a cold. You have to throw the ball to your star receivers on pass plays. There is no way that chatman should be leading the team in receptions. That should be ocho cinco. He needs at least 10 catches a game if they want to win. And it never fails that they waste at least 2 timeouts in the 1st 5 minutes of every half. Why save them for when you need them at the end of the game when you can burn them early. Until they throw the ball to chad johnson down the field and quit running the ball all time, they wont win. And carson has to be the most overrated qb in football. He just plain sucks. He cant throw a pass on the run and he falls down if anybody gets close to him. Is he that big of a *****. I mean come on, just get back there and throw the ball up for chad and tj to go get it. They are playmakers but not able to do so bc they dont get looked at by the qb. Marvin has to be the one that sees this and has to make sure that more plays get called for ocho cinco.

anybosy else have any thoughts?
Bad coaching and need a better quarterback. I like cincy dont get me wrong. I hate to see them struggle like this. They also need to have better play calls when they get that close to the endzone instead of taking fieldgoals everytime.
The College One Wrote:Bad coaching and need a better quarterback. I like cincy dont get me wrong. I hate to see them struggle like this. They also need to have better play calls when they get that close to the endzone instead of taking fieldgoals everytime.

I disagree. Carson Palmer is a fine QB but the line just needs to block for him better.
The other teams are scoring more points than the Bengals, simple as that. Hate to say that because I have always been a Bengals fan(Cowboys fan since birth) but they just can't get the job done.
i think Palmer is a good QB, the real problem is chemistry C. Johnson don't like the fact T.J. stole his thunder just my opinion.
bluegrassballa Wrote:I disagree. Carson Palmer is a fine QB but the line just needs to block for him better.

You disagree with me about everything lol. He is an ok Qb.
The reason that they're losing is Bob Bratkoski- the offensive coordinator. Brat calls runs for one or less yards on first and second down every drive, leaving third down to be obvioius passing downs, which then we can't throw the ball because the defense tees off on pass rushing and drops into double coverage on the outside.

CARSON'S NOT THE PROBLEM.

WE NEED TO FIRE BRAT, and until that happens, we won't win many games.

Hopefully Cedrick Benson will start getting the majority of the carries and will cause the defense to keep more defenders in the box, but, even so, hopefully we won't beat the dead horse and run him on 90% of first and second downs.

Also, hopefully Chris Henry getting back into the mix will open up the playbook because TJ, Chad, Chris, Utecht all on the field at once with Carson throwing the ball? Go ahead- try and stop it.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
The cut there best RB, HE was playing good in the few games i watch them play last year. The RB they got now s!@k. There line need to get better. If Palmer have time, he can pick a team apart.
Chad Johnson needs the ball more. Simple as that. You see what the patriots did last year because what did they do. They threw the ball no matter what the score was and they threw it deep to moss. That is what the bengals must do to win. Throw the ball down the field and quit running the ball. And whfen they get to the red zone they have to look chad and tj. Coats and kelly are horrible. They dont ever need the ball thrown to them.
They don't score more points than there oppostion at the end of the game is the reason the Bungals are winless...I'm no rocket scientist but that is my answer to the question..Plus..They are they Bengals...SOS every year..Reminds me of the CUBS!
I think it lies on Carson Palmer personally. He has not been the same QB since he went down in the Pittsburgh game. He is too timid in the pocket now. He is too afraid to step into his passes and is afraid of pressure. This is why he has thrown as many INT's as he has.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:They don't score more points than there oppostion at the end of the game is the reason the Bungals are winless...I'm no rocket scientist but that is my answer to the question..Plus..They are they Bengals...SOS every year..Reminds me of the CUBS!

Take it back!!! Lol:redboxer: :redboxer:
no d or o line
Being a Bengals & UK fan I can state the obvious: bad football teams find a way to lose. They lose 14-10 one week & the fan thinks "at least the defense is improving'. They lose the next week & the fan thinks "well the offense is coming around". They lose the next week because of special teams. Bad teams always find a way.
bluegrassballa Wrote:Take it back!!! Lol:redboxer: :redboxer:
I want too...But I swear..STATS DON'T LIE, loll.
because they suck!
marvin lewis needs to go
sumj45 Wrote:marvin lewis needs to go
We've been saying this for the whole season but someone has already said why. Mike Brown simply doesn't want to give Marvin Lewis the 8 million guaranteed that he has left on his contract. Then, after he pays Marvin his 8 mil he has to give a signing bonus to a new coach unless the 'ol tight wad hires someone from within the organization that is already under contract.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I want too...But I swear..STATS DON'T LIE, loll.

I know I know..Sad
Right now they are a selfish bunch of babies. There not worried about the "team" there worried about themselves
Any good owner or manager would have had Marvin Lewis on the chopping block a long time ago. What is up with that? I think Carson Palmer is a great QB when surrounded with a good team. They have had too many distractions, and they need to surround themselves with quality, don't get in trouble, selfless, players. There is no I in team. Then maybe, they will start clicking again.
Mike Brown is the problem and has been for many years now. His father was good, but Mike is no chip off the old block!
:mad:
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
The Bengals are winless this year because all year they've been out played and out coached.
The Bengals are winless because chad johnson isnt hetting the ball simple as that. The year they made the playoffs he was the first option on every pass play and now he doesnt even get looked at.